Original topic:

Phone update causes huge issue

(Topic created on: 1/24/21 10:05 AM)
Becca55
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Just did the phone update and it will not show any of my apps and I can't access anything on my screen. I cannot even make phone calls. Does anyone know how to fix this?
9 Replies
FuzzyElf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Probably any advice depends on which phone you have. Someone offering help might need to know when you got it, where you got it (cellular service provider, direct from Samsung?), and if you know it, the version of Android it had. Also, which update? Maybe a system / security update that appeared, like ones you have seen before?
Becca55
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
oh, thanks! It's a system update that just popped up overnight. I have the S20 FE and the phone was through T-Mobile. Definitely looks like the ones samsung does all the time.
0 Likes
Becca55
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
An error report that says "One UI Home keeps stopping" keeps popping up as well.
0 Likes
Becca55
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Found the solution! Clear the cache and data for the One UI Home app. :grinning_face_with_sweat:
FuzzyElf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yay! That's super; good job! My last post took me too long, didn't it? :)
Becca55
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I appreciate the help! Thanks!
FuzzyElf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Gee, that went terribly wrong, didn't it? I'm sorry you're going through this. It looks like you'll need support from Samsung. T-mobile delivered the update, but I guess Samsung created it. I don't find anything useful on this myself. Maybe a bunch of people have already had this problem, so Samsung folks will know what you must do. Or someone more knowledgeable (than I am) on the matter will help you here. Best of luck.
ChazBear
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same problem on my A71 5G. Uninstalled 7 apps and re-installed them. Data was still there, so made out OK. Noticed update sure hates Walmart and Amazon - killed all of them dead. Like I said, re-install, all OK now.
0 Likes
usermFJbLqcoKS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
why suddenly my Note 8 can't I make calls
0 Likes