Original topic:

Photo Title Editing

(Topic created on: 2/18/21 5:28 AM)
Wahatch
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hello everyone, I am having trouble with renaming my pics in the gallery. When I take a picture and go to my gallery to select the pictures thatIwanttorename, I select details and then edit but I am not able to rename it as it will not allow me to do so. This was not the case couple months back. Not sure is the latest update disabled that feature??

Any guidance to resolve this issue will be appreciated. 
7 Replies
Dougsteward1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I know you can do so using the file manager app, never named my pics though
0 Likes
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

hello @Wahatch 

unfortunately, they removed the option to rename your photos within the gallery app. But as @Dougsteward1 mentioned, you are able to use the Samsung My Files app to rename your photos.

Open the my files app, click on images, and click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner and choose edit. Select the photo you want to rename (can only do 1 photo at a time). On the bottom right corner select More, then Rename.

It's such a round about way to do it. It was much easier to be able to do it within the Gallery app, but until they give us the option to be able to do it within the Gallery app again, this is how you can do it.

*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!
Wahatch
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you Mari! every step that you've provided is very detailed and in order. I got to the final part where on the bottom right corner select More with 3 dots and it doesn't give me rename option however it give me only one option and that is "Move to Secured Folder "
0 Likes
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So you do not have these options?

Screenshot_20210218-125413_My Files.jpg

*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!
Wahatch
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Mari, it is now working. I went back and forth between images and folders until I saw the options. there are so many steps to do just a simple rename a pic. Before it was much easier. Thank you Mari and Doug for your help!
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes
userCkDEMttNQt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You need an additional step in your procedure for most users.  Have 2 select the location (e.g. Camera, Camera, Screenshotes, where 1 Camera is SD card and 1 is internal memory), open that to select your photo.

0 Likes