cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Photo and Video transfer to windows

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a lot of photos and videos on my phone from vacation that are taking up a lot of space. When I plug my phone into the computer it says that all my media folders are empty even though my gallery is full. The phone itsself connects, but when I try to open pictures, videos, and even the DCIM Camera folders theyre all empty. The only wat I can seem to transfer a picture is if I screenshot it and then open it through the screenshot folder. But I cant do that with videos. I'm at a complete loss here and I'm afaraid I'll never be able to get all this stuff onto my computer.

My phone is a galaxy 5s and my computer runs on windows 10 if that information is important.

Please help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Photo and Video transfer to windows

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userrt5QChUQub 

Did you try changing the tethering options on your phone? If you pull down your Notifications Bar there should be an opting for USB settings.  Make sure the option says Transferring files or Transferring images. Either one should allow you to now see the pictures inside of the folders. 

If you need more assitance, please feel free to reach out for more help.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userrt5QChUQub 

Did you try changing the tethering options on your phone? If you pull down your Notifications Bar there should be an opting for USB settings.  Make sure the option says Transferring files or Transferring images. Either one should allow you to now see the pictures inside of the folders. 

If you need more assitance, please feel free to reach out for more help.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah! Thank you so much, it finally showed everything!