cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tordu
Astronaut

Photos not showing when phone connected to pc

I have a samsung S7. When connected to laptop to backup my photos, the laptop suddenly now tells me the Camera-folder (inside the DCIM-folder on the phone, as I see them on the pc-screen) is empty. I panicked, but realised all my 3000 photos still show in the phone-gallery, so I have backed them up in dropbox, using the app on my phone, they all came in. Which MUST mean they are still in the phone! and connected to the pc, the phone shows up as nearly full, which it is. What can this be? I would like to backup my photos to my laptop, and to my external harddisk, but it is of course impossible when the pc cannot find them... New photos are also not showing in the folder, they are showing on the phone, but not in the folder looking at the pc-screen.  New photos are backed up on dropbox without problem, from my phone. So they must exist! I have tried other computers, so it is not my computer's fault. any suggestions what can be wrong, and how to fix it? 

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Photos not showing when phone connected to pc

Are you by chance saving the photos to the SD card on the S7? If so, they would show up in the S7's gallery but not in the DCIM-folder on the phone.

You can check where a photo is stored by opening it in the gallery and looking at the details. It should show you the path of the file. 

Tordu
Astronaut

I save it to the S7, don't have a SD card. Checked as you suggested, the photos are marked Internal storage/DCIM/Camera. very strange. and irritating!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you please send me a picture of what you are seeing when you connect the phone to the computer and open the DCIM/Camera Folder?

Tordu
Astronaut

Ok, will try...can I use Prtsc? (sorry for my ignorance)

Tordu
Astronaut

sams7a.jpgsamsung7.jpgsamsung7.png

Tordu
Astronaut

sams7.jpg

Tordu
Astronaut

"Denne mappen er tom" means this folder is empty

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for that information. Can you please provide me with your full model number so I can research further?

Tordu
Astronaut

Model number is SM-G930F. Thank you Smiley Happy