cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Photos won't delete

I have two particular photos that refuse to delete. One is a screenshot and one is a downloaded image. I have tried just about everything other similar posts suggest to no avail. I have tried deleting them from the Samsung Cloud and they will not delete. I can see them in the Samsung Cloud view. I've tried downloading them to delete in the gallery, but I get an error message saying they won't download. I cleared the cache, restarted my phone, and now they show as grey with a cloud with a checkmark symbol, but still can't be downloaded or deleted from any angle. 

Samsung gallery and the Samsung Cloud, among other affiliated photo/video storage/backup affiliates (Google) have caused me nothing but problems. This is just a cherry on top. I am not of an age where this sort of tech is unfamiliar or confusing, yet these problems continue to come up. My work and personal life involves me taking and saving many photos, but for years now it has been a frustrating uphill battle making sure my files are safely backed up and won't be corrupted or lost or not saved at all despite claims it was. My phone is aging and is already unsupported by Samsung so it's going to be a shame when I won't want to update the model if this phone tanks because I refuse to lose precious files to the Samsung Cloud and its problems without being able to back it up on at least an SD card.What the images look like.What the images look like.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Photos won't delete

What type of device are you using? 

Do you have an SD card in your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung galaxy s7

Yes

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are the pictures saved to your SD card?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

It happened after I moved the images to folders on the SD card, but the undeletable grey images are saved to folders in the internal storage. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Just to clarify, did you move the gray images from the internal storage to the SD card and back to the internal storage?

Highlighted
Asteroid

No. I moved the original images to the SD card, so there is a normal version of the images on the SD card, but it's like it left an undeletable grey version of the image in the original folder in the internal storage when I tried to delete them from there. I did not move them back.

I usually go through a process of saving images, them automatically saving to internal storage and the cloud, then me moving them to the SD card and deleting the internal storage/cloud copy that remains despite the transfer because it automatically saved to the cloud and exists as both an SD card copy and an internal storage copy until I delete it. Hope my description doesn't confuse further.

Highlighted
Asteroid

For clarification's sake:

1. Saves image to IS/cloud folder

2. Moves image to SD card folder 

3. Image saves successfully to SD card folder

4. Cloud copy still remains in original IS/cloud folder 

5. Deletes cloud copy now that it is saved to the SD card 

But it was at step 5 that the images started to become undeletable from the gallery, cloud, My Files app, everything. First they showed normally, but after I deleted the cache of the gallery, they show as grey with the symbol.