JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pink line down screen (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge)

(Topic created on: 10/3/17 11:30 AM)
RB-User
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello community,

I have been a Samsung user for a long time and have owned a variety of their products especially their mobile devices. This is the first time I have had any issues with a product they have produced. The issue that I am having is with the screen on my mobile device. This is a common issue that other users have had with their mobile devices. There is a verticle pink line down the right side of my screen. I have seen it go away before but then when there is any type of pressure towards the top right corner of the screen it appears and does not go away. I have arranged for the device to be shipped back to their service facility but I have some concerns. My device has been in a case its entire life and never been dropped to my knowledge with that being said I am concerned that there might be some dishonest practices happening at the repair facility even though it is clearly a hardware issue. What I want to know is if it is worth submitting for waranty repair or should I just look into getting a new device? Has Samsung ever accepted this as being a hardware issue and covered it under waranty?

Thanks,

Samsung user

26 Replies
userUdtKAyoYL6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
it only worked once and bow isn't working what should I do now?
0 Likes
userZwaAGaF6MF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This really helped me

@userRC5ykQoVIF wrote:
Dial *#0*# and tap between red green blue until the pink strip goes away. Amazing.

0 Likes
userww3ND8XwSV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi...

I've tried it and it works for me... no more pink line.

Thanks userRC5ykQoVIF

Ned

0 Likes
userNlbIz5XDYQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

this didn't work on my S7 Edge. I have a used phone and the previous owner said there was a pink line and I tried this app called Pixel Fixer but it didn't work or the *#0*# and it did nothing.

0 Likes
userh3tx1T7O6e
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Would Samsung take the authority to fix this problem as the same myself n mine frnd is going through the same issue with our S7 edge

0 Likes
user4Ohu8mk3tW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
In my S7 edge coming on screen pink link. How to remove the pink line
0 Likes
user4Ohu8mk3tW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Please tell me