JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pink line down screen (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge)

(Topic created on: 6/1/19 7:29 PM)
RB-User
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello community,

I have been a Samsung user for a long time and have owned a variety of their products especially their mobile devices. This is the first time I have had any issues with a product they have produced. The issue that I am having is with the screen on my mobile device. This is a common issue that other users have had with their mobile devices. There is a verticle pink line down the right side of my screen. I have seen it go away before but then when there is any type of pressure towards the top right corner of the screen it appears and does not go away. I have arranged for the device to be shipped back to their service facility but I have some concerns. My device has been in a case its entire life and never been dropped to my knowledge with that being said I am concerned that there might be some dishonest practices happening at the repair facility even though it is clearly a hardware issue. What I want to know is if it is worth submitting for waranty repair or should I just look into getting a new device? Has Samsung ever accepted this as being a hardware issue and covered it under waranty?

Thanks,

Samsung user

SamsungCourt
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi @Adil Malik I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this but I would recommend reaching out to the Samsung Support in your region to go over all of your available repair options. Please feel free to use our global support page here to find your best point of contact and let me know if there's anything else we can help you with. 

0 Likes
userBjKwyN3VUh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have same problem , what you highlighted as solution , is not solution!  does Samsung have any manufacturing failure?!!!! 

0 Likes
userRC5ykQoVIF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Dial *#0*# and tap between red green blue until the pink strip goes away. Amazing.
user0YiHYXgFbj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've tried just putting the numbers in my dialer and nothing happens. what am I doing wrong?
0 Likes
userat7M4eps9B
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the pink line on the right edge of my phone from top to bottom.  I chatted with samsung support and they had me reset the phone to factory defaults.  that did not fix the issue so they emailed me a shipping label.  I packaged my phone and sent it back to them last Monday 7/10/2017.  I got a text on 7/14 saying the device was fixed.  I chatted support today hoping my phone would be here.  The support person said they had to replace the LCD display and the tracking number says my s7 edge should be back to me tomorrow

0 Likes
userfjRWzHT7J0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This actually worked haha. Thank you.

userlKU6SRZPMy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Worked :)
0 Likes
userfjRWzHT7J0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This worked!
0 Likes
userCe0Tfi6XZu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How long do you have to do it until it goes away? It's rather weird because I've never dropped my phone and his suddenly appeared. I don't even know if it's still under warranty.

0 Likes
user6bVJ83pK88
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userCe0Tfi6XZu wrote:

How long do you have to do it until it goes away? It's rather weird because I've never dropped my phone and his suddenly appeared. I don't even know if it's still under warranty.

0 Likes