cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RB-User
Constellation

Pink line down screen (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello community,

I have been a Samsung user for a long time and have owned a variety of their products especially their mobile devices. This is the first time I have had any issues with a product they have produced. The issue that I am having is with the screen on my mobile device. This is a common issue that other users have had with their mobile devices. There is a verticle pink line down the right side of my screen. I have seen it go away before but then when there is any type of pressure towards the top right corner of the screen it appears and does not go away. I have arranged for the device to be shipped back to their service facility but I have some concerns. My device has been in a case its entire life and never been dropped to my knowledge with that being said I am concerned that there might be some dishonest practices happening at the repair facility even though it is clearly a hardware issue. What I want to know is if it is worth submitting for waranty repair or should I just look into getting a new device? Has Samsung ever accepted this as being a hardware issue and covered it under waranty?

Thanks,

Samsung user

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Pink line down screen (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got an announcement thread posted for this very thing right here - [Announcement] Pink/Green Line on Display *UPDATED 03/15*

That being said, I'd be lying if I did let you know it has been pretty hit or miss with folks sending in their devices. For most, a lot of the drawback in not getting it fixed has been due to minor cracks anywhere on the device. However, that being said, this is something that Samsung should be honoring with the pink line in general, and something the repair centers are aware of as being covered.

If you do decide to send it in and something should happen, please let us know so on that thread link I provided you. The choice is however completely up to you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

25 REPLIES 25
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got an announcement thread posted for this very thing right here - [Announcement] Pink/Green Line on Display *UPDATED 03/15*

That being said, I'd be lying if I did let you know it has been pretty hit or miss with folks sending in their devices. For most, a lot of the drawback in not getting it fixed has been due to minor cracks anywhere on the device. However, that being said, this is something that Samsung should be honoring with the pink line in general, and something the repair centers are aware of as being covered.

If you do decide to send it in and something should happen, please let us know so on that thread link I provided you. The choice is however completely up to you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

RB-User
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I will be shipping my mobile device tomorrow and I will update your linked thread you sent me with updated information on the repair status. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my post, it is greatly appreciated.
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really happy to hear that. I really hope you don't run into any problems like other, but either way I look forward to reading up about your experience altogether.

userBDdb96PLVW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Quick question, I received an S7 Edge as a present from a friend, I'm in COSTA RICA and this thing is happening to me! What can I do? It appeared overnight and I've noticed that if I apply pressure to the screen it dims the pink line.

ANy help?

user4Ohu8mk3tW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pink line coming on screen how to remove?

user1CNBBYGLg4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung makes one of the very best phones with a hefty price tag and should last you till the warranty period with out any problem. If you use your phone beyond the warranty period you are guaranteed to face issues which if you try to fix will cost around 350 and if I add 100 dollars more than I can buy a new one plus phone with one year warranty. I'm never gonna buy Samsung phone again. Note 7 fiasco was a sign that this company is making one of the most mediocre phones in the market. I've got a pink line issue which is a hardware problem confirmed by Samsung repair and said it has a faulty display and only way to fix it is by replacing it and would cost 350 + tax to do it because "I'm out of warranty and it worked fine for a year it's not our problem" is the exact quote I was told on the phone. It felt like burning my 850 dollars just like Note 7 was in flames.  Admin Feel free to block this comment because I'm raising my voice against's the company and who wants to hear bads things about themselves. Really upset.  

userfyZ30Ect7R
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone was purchased from Saudi Arabia (Jeddah).. Never been dropped and has always been in a case.  Pink line is  solid.  It stretches the whole length of My screen on the right hand side.  It's a very bad look for Samsung with all these new phones having bright pink lines down them and friends family etc asking what that is.  I simply tell them it's a manufacturing fault and Samsung doesn't acknowledge it.  This really further hurts the reputation of Samsung phones.  I know I won't be buying another Samsung phone again or ever recommending another one to my friends.  

Get your act together Samsung 

usereoU0nlXIzt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HI, you know I need help too, my phone was showing the pink lines and today it didn't turn on, the screen only, phone is on and I am able to use it through my car blootooth or my computer webwhatsapp.  How should I make them cover it, since I call them and they say the warraty is over 15 days ago.  Pls advise me on how to get them to honor it,

Adil Malik
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same issue top to bottom pink line what can i do that can u tell me any samsung showroom in Qatar.