Original topic:

Please add Director's View to camera for still shots.

(Topic created: 11-07-2021 11:28 AM)
userirJx2My0Xx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Many people really loved Dual Camera mode which was removed around the S8 or S9. Fast forward to the S21 and it was added back for videos only and renamed Director's View. It is still not available for still shots. (A recent update is bringing the video mode to many more older flagship models)

Please bring dual camera aka Director's View to still shots.

9 Replies
DENVERSKIER
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Got Dual Camera on. S20+ But really wanted Director s View for getting various angle
0 Likes
userirJx2My0Xx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Looks like you may have had it avail since May update for your S20 - https://www.sammobile.com/news/Galaxy-Note20-Ultra-5G-May-2021-security-update-download

0 Likes
DENVERSKIER
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Nope all it did was I can do a front and back pick at same time where the Directors view allows you to do that but with different angles say like a band sideways as opposed to just straight on
0 Likes
userirJx2My0Xx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I see. So are you also saying you can in fact take still pictures with both cameras?download.jpg

0 Likes
DENVERSKIER
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes haven't tried with video and Selfie but one of recent updates maybe sep or Oct update
0 Likes
DENVERSKIER
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Oops take it back thought it was both front and Selfie combined but I was wrong
0 Likes
DENVERSKIER
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Though won't let me post here
0 Likes
userirJx2My0Xx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sorry- I do not understand your replies at all. 

All I am trying to understand is whether there is basic dual camera mode for video recording and/or still shots (see above attached picture for example of what both modes look like in use- video or still shots). personally I do not care about the new "Director's View" features I just really loved being able to shoot videos/pictures containing both front and rear cameras within the shot. Thx.

0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes