Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jwakefield30
Asteroid

Please respond!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've my galaxy s7 for a fee months now and just this past few days my phone has been restarting at random moments for no reason and when it does restart it cycles restarting until I do a manual reboot anyone know why??? (P.S I've had the update since it came out.)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jwakefield30
Asteroid

Re: Please respond!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does it matter that most of my apps are saved on my sd card?

10 REPLIES 10
ZAHale
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

https://us.community.samsung.com/ynzzy74688/board/message?board.id=Phones&message.id=40#M40

Go here, read the instructions, and wipe the cache partition using Recovery mode.  This should correct your issue.

-- Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're not alone in this, that's for sure. I actually just updated my announcement thread addressing this very thing. Go ahead and take a look when you get the chance - [Announcement] Nougat 7.0 Update Problems

For this specific thing, you're going to want to try wiping your cache first. If the problem persists we'll want to rule out any third party apps, so booting into Safe Mode is going to be your next option. If those two fail, a factory reset might be in order due to corrupted system files that may have happened after this update. You'll want to make sure you back up your device using the SmartSwitch computer program & app so that you don't lose everything.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Jwakefield30
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Alright so I ended up resetting but now this pop up won't stop
ZAHale
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay, so the IP asssignment service is killing itself...reboot into safe mode and see if you can isolate which app may be causing the interference.  The instructions for that are in the previous thread I linked you to.

-- Robert A. Heinlein
Jwakefield30
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm in safe mode now how do I go about weeding out the app causing interference? 

ZAHale
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Start removing installed apps.  Start with the most recent one and work your way back.  Since the message didnt pop up on you in safe mode, it is definitely an app.  This is going to be a long task for you.  

Get a paper and pen.  Write down the app you deleted first, second, and so on.  Once you delete one app, restart the phone normally.  If it works, you got the culprit.  If not, you have to reboot into safe mode and delete the next most recent app and restart.  Keep the list so when you do find the one that caused it, you can go get your other apps again.

It is a tedious task.  Your other option is to do a factory data reset and start from scratch.  It is youe choice.  Let me know if you need further instructions.

-- Robert A. Heinlein
Jwakefield30
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does it matter that most of my apps are saved on my sd card?

ZAHale
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes.  Remove them one by one, starting with the most recent.  It doesn't matter if they are on the SD card or not.

-- Robert A. Heinlein
Jwakefield30
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe ive got it all figured out thanks for the help