JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

PopUps on Samsung Internet - Resolved

(Topic created: 02-01-2021 02:03 PM)
ColoradoTom
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi - Believe it or not, I'm not here asking for help. I solved this one on my own (a lot by accident).  I don't know how this happened, but all of a sudden, I'm getting webpages and popups periodically.  They're the kind that say a virus was found and I need to download this app or I will die.  Popping up all night and all morning. All the help I could find was vague.  Anyway - straight to the bottom line.  By the way, I think the ads were on both Chrome and Samsung Internet.  Bottom line - the app that was causing all this was named Barcode Scanner.  I don't know how it got there.  I didn't download it on purpose.  After  I uninstalled Chrome, I continued to get the web-ads and popups. I was obvious they were on Samsung Internet.  I went to that app and in Settings (I believe) there was something that listed the apps that had permissions.  Barcode Scanner was the only app listed.  When I looked at it, the icon did not look familiar. I Force Stopped the app, Disabled it and Uninstalled it.  I have had no popups since. There ya go. I hope this helps someone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Community! 🙂 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution