JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Power on is not showing phone icon

(Topic created: 03-16-2019 06:18 AM)
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
When the always on screen is showing and I push the power button, I think a phone icon is supposed to show so that anyone can make a 911 call. I see the "my files" icon. Is it supposed to be that way? How can you change what is shown?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ken C
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You mean on the lock screen? Search for "app shortcuts" in settings. You can choose there.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Solution
Ken C
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You mean on the lock screen? Search for "app shortcuts" in settings. You can choose there.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You must be right.   I must have changed it to my files in settings and not realized exactly what I was changing .  Now my question is,  why can't anyone use the phone from there?  My old windows phone always allowed calling an emergency number. 

0 Likes
Ken C
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hmm....I can just swipe on my home screen and an emergency call button is right there at the bottom.

20190316_105153.jpg

Options
Galaxy S Phones

OOOOHhhh...  I kept PUSHING on the phone button and nothing was happening.  I think they need an animated icon or something.  I've been doing computers since 1966 and this is the first time I've seen a button that has to be swiped.  Of course, I've mostly used Windows or device specific OSes and not Android.  That also explains why I couldn't press the phone icon to answer calls.  After a lot of toying around, I finally figured out I should swipe.

Also, twice now the phone icon got changed to "my files".  I have put it back to the phone now.  It was somewhere in the maze of options.  I turned on the prevent accidental button push, whatever it was called.  So I'm surprised it was changed.  Also the always on display went to landscape on its own twice as well.

Are there lots of buttons that get swiped rather than pressed?

Samsung_nM0mdbH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I love that feature on the phone

0 Likes
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You love having to know to swipe a button?  Why?  (or were you replying to the original post?)

Are ALL buttons swipable?

0 Likes