cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The H1v3 M1nd
Constellation

Private Mode S5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A few days ago, I removed my fingerprints from my phone and switched the security lock settings. When I went to re-add the fingerprints, I noticed that on my private mode security had changed from fingerprints & password, to just a pin. I never set up any pin (unless someone else changed it so there is a pin), so I shouldn't be having this problem.

Is there any way to bypass the pin so I can change the security on it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Private Mode S5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @useroMFxffGPxy. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.
When your fingerprints were removed from the phone, the device had to down the security on your private mode, since it no longer had the fingerprints to pull from. It should have gone to a security level that you had used or set up in the past since it otherwise wouldn't have anything to ask for (similar to the lacking fingerprints). I would highly encourage you to try and think of any pins you might have used on the device in the past. If you can't remember, there is no way to bypass the security on Private Mode unless you reset your device to it's factory default settings.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

1 REPLY 1
Honored Contributor

Re: Private Mode S5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @useroMFxffGPxy. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.
When your fingerprints were removed from the phone, the device had to down the security on your private mode, since it no longer had the fingerprints to pull from. It should have gone to a security level that you had used or set up in the past since it otherwise wouldn't have anything to ask for (similar to the lacking fingerprints). I would highly encourage you to try and think of any pins you might have used on the device in the past. If you can't remember, there is no way to bypass the security on Private Mode unless you reset your device to it's factory default settings.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.