cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userv02lmN32XB
Constellation

Problems with S7 After September 7, 2019 Update

On September 7th 2019 my S7 notified me of a system update. My phone was fully charged and on the charger when I went to accept and download the update on the phone  under the System Settings. The update was slow and seemed to get stuck however it appeared to install and reboot. The next day, less than 24 hours later, in the middle of typing a text the S7 froze and shut off. The phone attempted to reboot but got stuck on the "SAMSUNG Galaxy S7 Powered by Android" screen. I tried:

VOLUME DOWN + POWER + HOME and performed a reset however the phone got stuck cycling through screens and never fully rebooted. 

I contacted Samsung support and tried the following steps per the technician:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzW7EyEby_A&feature=youtu.be

While I was not able to power the phone off I was able to eventually get to the "Recovery Booting" menu and wipe the cache but this DID NOT SOLVE the problem.

The S7 is still going back and forth between a black screen and the "SAMSUNG Galaxy S7 Powered by Android" screen over and over again. The BLUE LIGHT led indicator is solid and remains on.

14 REPLIES 14
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Problems with S7 After September 7, 2019 Update

Hey there!

I can certainly understand your frustrations regarding this. Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!

userv02lmN32XB
Constellation

@SamsungJoJo 

I was not able to get the S7 into safe mode. UBreakitiFixit was also not able to get the phone into safe mode. The phone reacts as though it was corrupted by the latest update. What's problematic is that the phone is backed up to an SD card which was encrypted as recommened by Samsung in order to protect data in the event the phone was lost or stolen however the phone crashed after an update was sent to the phone OTC by Samsung. At this point the phone is bricked. UBreakitiFixit tried flashing it but said that it didn't work either. 

I checked the logs to see if there was anything I can see at a glance. I also tested the graphics and that went well. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userv02lmN32XB can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number
user9Ja8ceoJGB
Constellation

I ran into someone with the same problem. I found out why yeah that problem. Lots of people are going to have this issue. The OTA file is not real. It was programmed to do exactly what you all are complaining about. I have seen the logs of this file. It was created by some hacker dude when after the installation it was intended to run in a constant recovery boot. I have the screenshots of the logs of OTA file when it exexutes. The S7 Edge when it first came out was designed for hero LTE not this new firmware file that's designed for the X LTE phones. I will be fixing my friend's phone and saving all the files of this program so that no one else has to do this again. If you wish to see the programming all of this file that has ruined everybody's phone temporarily

please message me and I'll be glad to share them. Basically in a nutshell people who are affected have a file that is pretty much a virus. Again feel free to message and I will show you what this file does when it runs 

user7x4aA2jMhD
Constellation

I never had a September update. The last and latest was July 2019. Did you maybe get an update from corrupt site. I just got a request like that.

userB9jr9A8Kp9
Constellation

Help my phone has just started doing the same 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userB9jr9A8Kp9 Were you able try the troubleshooting steps mentioned previously in this thread?

userB9jr9A8Kp9
Constellation

Yes. I've wiped the cache, factory reset, and reboot. Attempted to setup phone again but after a couple minutes phone will shutoff and get stuck in boot loop. Try the reset again it will get stuck in recovery loop, then finally try to install update, but the will show no command. After numerous tries I've been able to wipe, reset, and reboot a few times but cannot get through setup before having to start entire process. It also will not allow me to boot into safe mode at all ever. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userB9jr9A8Kp9 Thank you for that information. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2