JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problems with mid-February 2019 Major Update

(Topic created on: 2/24/19 12:54 PM)
usertgMn8Ug08O
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a T-mobile phone and the new update removed my ability to use mobile data!  Does anyone know how to fix this?  I can only use my phone on Wi-Fi which of course is hugely inconvenient, unreliable and location based.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usertgMn8Ug08O
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

After spending a couple of hours researching on the internet, I figured out the issue.  The Samsung update cleared all of my regular settings (which I had previously restored or re-setup) and it also deleted my APN.  I had to re-setup my APN.  This wasn't a carrier issue... this is an error in the Samsung 'update'.  Not very happy with Samsung for pawning their issue off onto the carrier but I'm glad this is finally fixed and hopefully this thread will help someone else having this issue.  My phone is a S9, GSM Unlocked, T-Mobile with Straightalk as the carrier.  

View solution in context

13 Replies
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for reaching out to us for assistance. Mobile data is provided by your Carrier. We would recommend reaching out to your carrier for assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usertgMn8Ug08O
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I understand that my carrier handles my mobile data, but what I'm saying is that I can no longer even turn on my mobile data.  This isn't an issue with my carrier, this only occurred when I installed the update that Samsung just released this month - February 11, 2019.  

0 Likes
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for providing that information, However, at this time we would recommend reaching out to your carrier to inform them of the outage. Does the issue occur when the device is placed into safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userNhOXg3cJnR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Usertgmn8ug080, Doesnt sound like Samsung is going to be of much help to you.

Many things i do not like about the update either!

usertgMn8Ug08O
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is your phone a T-mobile?

0 Likes
userNhOXg3cJnR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Verizon.

They changed my Gallery icon to a femmy flower icon.  Changed the color of the camera icon.  Reorganized the photo gallery... i now have all the growing pains of learning a new phone..  So frustrating!

0 Likes
usertgMn8Ug08O
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is NOT carrier related. My family members have the same phone, same carrier, same plan and their phones work fine on the network.  I'm the only one that installed the update and my data no longer works.  This loss occurred immediately after installing the Samsung update.

0 Likes
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for providing that information, Can you please confirm if the issue continues after clearing the cache of your device in Settings> Device management and then running the device on safe mode?

0 Likes
usertgMn8Ug08O
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, the issue of not being able to use data is still happening.   I cleared my cache and entered safe mode and I still can't use mobile data, only WiFi.

0 Likes