Original topic:

Pull down notifications bar won't work

(Topic created: 11-28-2021 08:35 PM)
usertVSH3FfMjb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello my pull down notifications bar stopped working all of a sudden. I googled for help and it said to hold on the home screen -> click Home Screen Settings -> and to enable Swipe down for notification panel. I have done that and now it only works when I'm on the home page or if put my phone horizontally. I have restarted it many times and nothing. Btw when I enabled it, the description says, "Open the notification panel by swiping down anywhere on the Home screen." So this makes me think that there might be another setting to pull down the notification bar anywhere on the screen. And it's not my screen because when I get a notification like a text, it pops up and I can pull it down but if I don't get anything, I can't pull it down. I also do not have Task Changer or Good Lock. So I am really stumped. Any ideas/suggestions?

0 Likes
4 Replies
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What phone?
0 Likes
usertVSH3FfMjb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Galaxy S9

0 Likes
Shiguma
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Having the same issue and I can't find anything on it..
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, and thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the importance of all features working as expected on our devices and I would be happy to assist you further. Have you tested your device in safe mode? If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

How long have you been experiencing these symptoms?

Are you able to pull down from the top if you put your hand near the black bar across the top of your device?

Did you have a software update near the time you started to experience these symptoms?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes