JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pure Talk Wireless 3G Stoppage and now we are unable to make/receive calls

(Topic created: 03-18-2022 05:51 PM)
JRT74
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

As of this morning neither my wife's phone or mine will allow us to MAKE or RECEIVE calls. Both phones are Galaxy S8. Our carrier is Pure Talk Wireless. I did go to their webpage, entered my phone #. Their site said the phone IS compatible and no action is needed! 

Any thoughts????? 
8 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
When AT&T decided to shutdowns their 3g network issues started happening. Many posts with users having issues with calls. Try to play with network mode in settings and see if any options still allows you to make and receive calls.

Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is from Pure Talks Website 

All carriers in compliance with the FCC mandate must soon start retiring their 3G network as carriers continue to invest in 5G deployment. Starting in February 2022, Pure Talk will shut down our 3G network. This shift will mean faster, stronger, more reliable service for our customers.

You can see if you have the option to enable VoLTE since thats what you will need to make calls try the steps below too see if you dont have the option then you would need to update your device to VoLTE device 

• Go to the Start screen.
  • To open the menu, swipe up or down on the screen.
  • Choose Settings.
  • Choose Connections.
  • Choose Mobile networks.
  • Enable VoLTE calls.
  • VoLTE has been activated.
  • Return to the Start screen.

Here is the link to Pure Talks website with more information on there 3g Shutdown 

https://www.puretalkusa.com/business/3gshutdown 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
JRT74
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
There is no VoLTE option. So I am gonna need a new phone then, correct?20220318_194507_16903_1647647107.jpg
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sorry but from there website it looks like you would need to update your phone to a newer model 

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
JRT74
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Cool. Just ordered an A32 5G phone.
0 Likes
Eco10032
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Why?? There are better options than an A model
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's good to hear if you don't mind can you mark the post as solved and thanks for being a loyal Samsung Customer
Thanks

0 Likes
userFixkMpKQNf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you go over to the S22 Ultra section here, there are folks having the same issue as us with the new 5G S22 ultra. I would be slow to throw money at the problem, I am. 

0 Likes