cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Purple ink and unresponsive screen on S7

Dang it, I dropped my S7.  The screen isn’t responding to touch, and there is purple ink spreading under the screen. But otherwise it seems to be working. Fingerprint and the task buttons below the screen are responsive. Texts and calls are coming in, but I can’t see them except for what shows up on the home screen. And I’ve connected the phone to my laptop and able to access the files through Windows Explorer. Also took your advice and backed up with Smart Switch.  I like the phone and wonder if it can be fixed… and is it worth it? Does this just sound like a broken screen? In which case there are some repair shops here in rural Colorado.  I always thought broken screen meant the glass was shattered. But the surface is fine, its just that it doesn’t respond to touch and that purple ink stuff is spreading. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: Purple ink and unresponsive screen on S7

That "purple ink" is the liquid crystal solution that allows your phone to show what's happening (no other way to say it). Basically that purple ink is a type of plasma that every screen has and it is used in screens, usually LCD. You'd need to get a screen repair because the liquid crystals are not where they should be.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Purple ink and unresponsive screen on S7

Thank you for that, it would be a relief if it is fixable. Do you think a typical "screen repair" service could do this? Is there anything special I should ask when I start calling around?