Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jer8419sf
Asteroid

Question: Editing photos on S7 Edge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

So I have microSD card inserted to my S7 Edge phone. I send the photos I take to the card. Sometimes I take the photo the wrong way and need to rotate it back so that when I share the photo, it won't look upside down on places like Twitter or Facebook. 

When I edit the photo by simply doing the rotation, the new rotated edited version saves onto my S7 edge internal memory instead of the microSD card. I was wondering if that's supposed to happen? I'm not sure why the edited version would not save on the microSD card? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Question: Editing photos on S7 Edge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe that's the default saving method for your device. While you can move those images to the SD Card, it's still going to make any adjustments auto save directly to your gallery location on the device itself. I just looked at my own phone to see if there were any settings you could change to alter the default path of saved images, but I wasn't able to find one. I'm pretty sure this is just standard for it, but I'll see if I can dig up any more info specifically about saving those images, and if there's a way to change that.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What photo editor are you using? 

It's possible that there is a setting in the editing app to save to the SD card. With Android, everything is an add-on so I would start with looking in the editing app settings, even if you are using the native app, it's going to have it's own set of settings to adjust.

-Enver
S7 G930U / Gear S2 / Tab 4 7.0
...S5 (G900A) and Express (i437p AT&T) in there too...
Jer8419sf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm just opening the Gallery app on my phone and making the changes throgh there on a phot. Once I save the picture I edited, it says it saved on the DCIM phone instead of the SD card. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe that's the default saving method for your device. While you can move those images to the SD Card, it's still going to make any adjustments auto save directly to your gallery location on the device itself. I just looked at my own phone to see if there were any settings you could change to alter the default path of saved images, but I wasn't able to find one. I'm pretty sure this is just standard for it, but I'll see if I can dig up any more info specifically about saving those images, and if there's a way to change that.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

View solution in original post

Jer8419sf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah that's what I thought as well that this was just a default thing it does and there's not much I could do about it except chaning the location of the photo once I make the changes. Thanks for your help.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're very welcome! If I find out differently I'll make sure to update this thread, or shoot you a PM directly.