Quick connect won't update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stevemiller000
Asteroid

Re: Quick connect won't update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The factory reset worked but the solution stinks. It seems kinda ridiculous that a phone that sold for $500 + has to go thru a complete reset and reload of everything in it after only 8 months. So I guess I'm happy.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
stevemiller000
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It says an update is available but simply goes back to home screen when I hit 'update'. Quick connect does not work at all.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello and welcome to the Samsung Community. We're glad you're here.
To better allow us and the community to assist you both now and in the future can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things like the exact model number and Baseband (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier, when you started noticing this happen, and what you've already tried to fix it. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

stevemiller000
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Model is SM-G900R4

Baseband: G900R4VXU2CPF2.

Carrier is US Cellular

When I swipe down from top I get the S finder and Quick Connect 'buttons'. when I tap the QC I get 3 objects in background (my equipment on the same wifi). They are inaccessible because I get a window that says "Update Quick Connect" A new version is available. Update now?  Cancel     Update now

I tap Update now and it goes bck to whatever screen was on top before I swiped down.

This is an S5. New Feb 2016. It had 5.xxx on it when I got it but it automatically upgraded to Android 6.0.1 around June.  That is approx when the prob started. I can't be more specific because I don't use the QC very much.

The only thing I've done personally is uninstall the Epson Print Enabler (I cannot print from the phone at all) and try it from several networks. Same result.

About 2 weeks ago I called your cust support and talked to a live person. He had me try several different things (sorry, I can't remember any specifics), but after about 30 min he said I had to send the phone back. I'm trying not to do that because I don't want to be without for that long.

Anything you can do will be appreciated

SamsungAsh
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for the information. 

It would be very beneficial to know what troubleshooting steps you did with the Customer Support agent. 

Could one of these have been Safe Mode? I would recommend trying this and seeing if a third party app is what the cause is. 

For instructions on how to troubleshoot in Safe Mode: How to use safe mode to troubleshoot problems

Please let the community know how this goes! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
stevemiller000
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First of all, my apologies if this posts more than once. I have replied 3 times and still cannot see that it went through.

I tried the Safe Mode twice. I went so far as to completely remove EVERY 3rd party app. I did not do a Factory Reset, simply uninstalled EVERY app. There was no change. Still won't work. We also cleared the cache (not the individual app caches, the one we got to by downpowering then repowering via the home, power and volume buttons at the same time).

SamsungAsh
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the information.

Since it seems that you've exhausted the troubleshooting steps for this, the best course of action would be to perform a factory data reset on the device. 

I do understand that this is not an ideal situation. 

Please remember to back up all the data on your device before performing this as it will delete everything.

You can always use Smart Switch to back up all your data. 

For more information on Smart Switch you can visit here: http://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/

Be sure to let me know if you attempt this and if it works, this will help the community if someone else is having the same problem.

stevemiller000
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The factory reset worked but the solution stinks. It seems kinda ridiculous that a phone that sold for $500 + has to go thru a complete reset and reload of everything in it after only 8 months. So I guess I'm happy.

View solution in original post

userIWcezlPmk6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with my s7 edge, I was on the phone with Samsung tech support today for at least 20 min and they are no help!!! I've done every trouble shooting step including the factory reset...quick connect either won't connect to my device or if it does connect the connection is dropped within 30 seconds or so.

I've even replaced my Screen Beam mini 2 to see if that's what the problem is, it's not!

My phone had been mirroring perfectly until about 2 weeks ago, it seems like it's time to switch from Samsung they offer little to no answers on why their expensive devices don't function properly!

Stoneman727
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My quick connect in my notifications bar just disappeared and I couldn't connect to my Xbox so I ended up having to factory reset my phone after hours of trying to fix it. Today it did it again and disappeared so I was on here looking for help to see if I could avoid resetting my phone.. and I did I found the app on our phone called Samsung connect and boom opened it up agreed to terms and I was able to connect my my Xbox! Hopefully this helps!