cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userwrEROvvHfh
Astronaut

Re: Quick connect won't update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Make sure you have galaxy apps enabled, this fix the problem for me after hours and hours and hours of trying to figure this out.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you have an update recently to your OS itself, or any of your apps? I'm trying to narrow down what may have changed from when it was working till it stopped. If you did have a system update, what day was it around, and do you recall which update it was? I'd also like to know who your carrier is so I can do some research on my own for previous updates that may have been pushed.

A good place to start though could possibly be any third party apps that you have recently installed or updated. Quick way to rule that out is by putting your device into Safe Mode and giving it a full power cycle restart. Going to shoot you a link with instructions on how to put your device into Safe Mode, in case you need it  - Using Safe Mode to Troubleshoot

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

stevemiller000
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're wasting your time trying to deal with Samsung tech support. I went through this entire process and when all was done the only fix was to totally reset the phone. This, of course, lost everything and I had to reload all. They have a bug and no clue how to fix it. You're being fed the standard stuff they fed us all in hopes that something works.

Read my situation above. I finally just reset and forgot about it. My next phone won't be Samsung,  support is clueless. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This was more or less for them specifically since they were new to the post, and I know not everyone reads through the prior steps. That being said, just because something doesn't work for one person, doesn't mean it won't work for another. I've seen that same thing happen with plenty of folks here in the Community. It's the only reason we suggested that. I'm sorry you had to resort to a reset, and had to get everything back. If it does come to that for you @userIWcezlPmk6, definitely check out the Smart Switch PC program that you can download to your computer. This is going to help you backup your phone, so you have an easier time restoring things back to it should you reset.

Let me know though if Safe Mode doesn't help at all, and what steps you have done yourself to try and get it to work. This way I'm not repeating things you may or may not have done. I'd still like to try to help, especially if we can find a way to do it without a reset. 

Were you told there was a bug @stevemiller000? If it was by someone, did they properly record what steps or behaviors your device had previously to it happening? These are going to be standard QA practices for bug reporting, and I just wanted to make sure this is how you proceeded, or if you were just saying it's a bug. Thanks for your support!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userySNZzfIsPj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I finally got mine to update by doing the following as even safe-mode wouldn't update.

I TURNED OFF WIRELESS AND UPDATED USING MOBILE-DATA.

Don't know why but it steadfastly refused to update over wireless 

useritcNpIcbao
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

QUICK CONNECT IS WORKING FINE ON MY GALAXY S6 32GB BUT IT SHOWS A MESSAGE THAT THERE'S AN UPDATE AVAILABLE BUT WHEN I CLICK ON IT ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENS - WHY???!!! I'VE LOOKED FOR SOLUTIONS BUT ASIDE FROM A TOTAL FACTORY RESET (WHICH I'M DEFINITELY NOT DOING BECAUSE I HAVE MY DEVICE EXACTLY HOW I LIKE IT - APART FROM THE AWFUL LAST UPDATE WHICH I HATE BUT CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT; "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!"). IS THERE ANY SIMPLE WAY TO FIX THIS ISSUE OR SHOULD I JUST IGNORE IT UNTIL SAMSUNG SORT IT OUT (OR **bleep** MY PHONE UP EVEN MORE WITH ANOTHER TOTALLY UNNECESSARY UPDATE?!).

David. Bristol. ENGLAND.

P.S. Nuke Benin Republic; it seems the only way to stop these **bleep**ing email scammers!

userwrEROvvHfh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Try turning on your Galaxy apps make sure it is enabled, see my screenshots below
usernMUn2xzLSC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just searched for quick connect from galaxy apps.Screenshot_2017-06-18-02-29-58.png