cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userq7PJxqezf7
Asteroid

Random new lock screen when charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just started yesterday... whenever the charging cable gets plugged in,  unplugged, or finishes charging this wierd lock screen now pops up.  It has never done this before and I don't know how to make it stop.  I've never seen this screen before either.

I did not install any new apps, nor was I messing around with the settings.  I was worried about a virus or something,  but the scans all come up clean. 

I have a Galaxy S6.

How do I stop this annoying lock screen from happening?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
igniteED
Constellation

Re: Random new lock screen when charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's the Peel Smart Remote that's forced bloatware... 

No settings disable, at best, they postpone, so I've had to force stop and disable the app. How long that lasts until the Galaxy App Store pesters me to update, I don't know.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/03/29/peel-remote-app-upsets-users-ton-ads-lock-screen-overlays/

View solution in original post

65 REPLIES 65
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userq7PJxqezf7. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

If those don't help, we certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier and when you started noticing this happen. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userp4OGcJnwAB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I'm having same issue and I didn't find a way to move this new screen. I need assistance too!

I have a Samsung S6 too. Are you familiar with my problem? Do you have keyboard like

this? https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/I-can-t-find-comma-button-Read-description/m-p/8...

userfbHryBYqfE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So what causes this thing top pop up?

igniteED
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's the Peel Smart Remote that's forced bloatware... 

No settings disable, at best, they postpone, so I've had to force stop and disable the app. How long that lasts until the Galaxy App Store pesters me to update, I don't know.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/03/29/peel-remote-app-upsets-users-ton-ads-lock-screen-overlays/

View solution in original post

userq7PJxqezf7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you so much!!!!
Pheewee
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Force stop or disable Peel Smart Remote is NOT the real solution to this problem. Some people do want to keep Peel Remote. So here is the solution that I've just learned. It drove me nuts before I found the solution. Just wanna pass it out to you as well.
Settings - Application Manager - More (3 vertical dots on top right) - Apps can appear on top - Scroll down to Peel Remote - Slide left to Off (now grey)
That should do the trick. Good luck.

Highlighted
userQlrsToZkMM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I thought it was tied in with S Health. The 'Goodnight' screen seems associated with my sleep activity. It has sleep advice, sleep sounds music (I've been using the ocean sounds) and also shows tomorrow's weather. I actually like the feature A LOT and want to find the screen at other times, besides bedtime, to use the ocean sleep sounds.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW OR WHERE TO FIND the screen?? It is so random and I can't find it anywhere on my S6 galaxy. I want to find it to use the ocean sleep sounds whenever I want not just when it happens to pop up at night! Helpppp. Thanks! 

userZv0PCyuLYN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would also like to access it whenever. I like the soothing sound tracks. 

user7Xkt3mikTu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Peel remote was it originally ---  now the ads on the charge screen are back again and they are a different style, I have no idea what is causing it - started yesterday, July 14, 2017.  This ad crap is really starting to annoy me, just leave my Ff*ing phone alone!!!

Any other ideas what it could be, folks??

Sign me - FRUSTRATED!