cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Random new lock screen when charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Note 5 and I don't have that on my phone and it still does it. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey folks, if you don't have any of the apps that others have mentioned was causing this for them, it might take some testing on your part to figure out what it might be. I highly encourage using Safe Mode first. If the problem doesn't persist in Safe Mode, then you know for sure it's an app. At that point you can either reset the device and slowly add apps back on one at a time to see when the problem pops back up, or start removing the apps one by one until it stops happening then start adding things back.  Usually the first, while painful at first, can be the easier and better option in the long run.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So my Peel remote has already been uninstalled, and the extra lock screen is still there. I'm starting to get really frustrated. I'm about to throw this thing against a wall and go #TeamiPhone.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Maybe one of these options will help:

(1) go to Play Store app  3 horizontal lines on left  My apps & games  Peel  3 dots on right  Disable auto update → Uninstall Updates

(2) go to your phone Settings  Apps  3 dots on right  Special access  Apps that can appear on top  disable Peel

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your response is very generic and unhelpful. Just thought you should know. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S8 plus just started doing this. I discovered it was the Galaxy App causing this. I looked into the options and there was a setting to display notifications on the lock screen. My phone went to the lock screen every time I got a notification via Galaxy Apps. I didn't see an option for automatic updates but I did change the settings for displaying things to the lock screen. This must have been changed in a recent update since my phone was fine for months and then suddenly started doing this.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

it started after I did an update.  My phone says everything is up to date.  Something Samsung (or AT+T) pushed to my phone during that update is causing this.  Above blamed it on Peel Remote - but I uninstalled that and the ads keep on coming.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got the same exact screen. No new apps and even deleted one that updated recently but still there.  Only when it charges and no ads.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to me twice today. Any resolutions?