Original topic:

Random texts in group

(Topic created on: 4/2/21 12:46 PM)
usercdp4czNaSH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
About a month ago, most likely after the last update, I started having issues when I'm in a group text. There are 4 of us in the group and I can read everything from 2 of them, but the 3rd person's texts come through as random letters and numbers. (Example of a text I received: U2hlIGp1c3QgY2FudCBzZWUgbWUgaW4gb3VyIGdyb3VwIHRleHQuIA==)
The other people in the group can see the actual text. When this person texts me individually I can read the text. It's only in group text, only from this specific person, and only an issue through my phone.
How do I fix this? I've updated all my apps and tried multiple settings. 
0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, 

I just wanted to share a similar experience that I've had as well. I actually had been getting a few messages from a group and it was super random things, The only way I was able to resolve the matter was to find out who the original sender was an block their phone number with my provider. I hope this may help with you situation as well. 

0 Likes
usercdp4czNaSH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's my boyfriend, so I don't want to block him. He's the only one I get the random texts from.
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does this issue when your text him directly or is it only when you are in the group text?

0 Likes
usercdp4czNaSH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Only in a group
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Odd question, does your boyfriend use a signature on his phone? Any change if he disables it? Can I ask if you guys are on different carriers?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes