JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created: 03-19-2019 11:23 PM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

903 Replies
luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My daughter just tried to send mr. MMS (pic) ... won't download,  won't open.  Ugh!

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@luvlyt was the picture taken from Galaxy S10 you tried to send as MMS?

0 Likes
luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@RedDragon ... I've tried sending pics from the new camera and I get a  WIFI CALLING location timeout and the "timer" next to pic,  just spins ... it has suggested to set to high accuracy (I've done that) ... Others send me pics and they are MMS and I can't open

Today when I was out ... I was able to send a pic,  tried a minute later,  failed.   

My 8+ never ever had these issues.   Like everyone else,  I received my phone on March 6th, the s10+ / 1TB

Thank you so much for all your help! 🙂

RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@luvlyt Okay I have found recently an issue about sending pictures. Open camera app and go to settings under pictures tap "save options" and then disabled HEIF photo format. This format is not MMS friendly.

20190319_222137.jpg20190319_222104.jpg

0 Likes
luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@RedDragon it was already disabled ... 😕   you would think these phones would work like a charm after all the hype ... and now I'm reading more and more issues.   Any more thoughts ... 😉

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@luvlyt I have S10+ on at&t and I am not really experienceing what sprint customers have. Sprint Network has been unstable whenever new devices come out because it needs to register to their network other 3 Carriers you don't really have to.

0 Likes
luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I kept getting emails to activate from Samsung,  rather than store,  however I went directly to sprint store and like most,  worked great first few days then it's like a bug took over certain aspects .. wifi calling,  MMS messages  Connection

0 Likes
luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@RedDragonHit send by mistake.  They are pointing fingers at each other, leaving customers frustrated.   I just want a phone that works.   I think they "load" way too much on them adding to confusion ... so I suppose it's a waiting game now.   I'm going to call tomorrow to see if I can get replacement.   We shall see!  You've been so diligent with helping me.   😉  thank you!!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Knock on wood here. I'm on the Sprint network in a fairly small market and my VOLTE is out of beta and working fine here.  Also no issues with wifi or mobile data. In fact it's much more stable than my S9 ever was. I'd be lucky to have 2 bars of service in my house and now I'm at a steady 4 bars with no loss so far.  I do have VOLTE enabled and wifi calling disabled if that makes a difference. I also have not enabled "force mobile data always on"  in developer options as it's working fine without doing that. 

I have only had the phone since yesterday so no guarentees but so far so good. 

0 Likes
luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@RedDragon ...Hi RD ... I have to take phone back to sprint store ... it is either a corrupted SIM CARD or it was not activated properly.  Spoke to 3 Samsung people today.   After checking the obvious,  and everything you helped me with,  they /we derived at the SIM CARD issue.   Will wor again after I visit store!  Thank you!!

0 Likes