JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created: 03-21-2019 01:31 AM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

903 Replies
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@luvlyt So did the sim card replacement solved the puzzle?.. I never been to sprint nor have ever use sprint but from what i know sprint sim card needs to match or compatable with the specific device you have and I think this is because every device has a specific  features but to me that is non-sense sprint must be using old technology cdma for that issue to blame with.

0 Likes
luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@RedDragon ...we'll find out tomorrow! LOL... if still does not work to my liking. I will request a new phone!  We shall see!!πŸ˜‰

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@luvlyt Most phone issues associated with MMS and wifi calling and text and all have to be related to Sim Card specially if you are with sprint where CDMA still their backbone network to work. The phone or any phones needs to match the sim card or else you will have issues this is for sprint only, verizon is a different topic. I never have sprint but somehow I feel like i know better than some sprint customers who have them for years {^_^}

Mobile data must be TURN ON at all times, MMS or any mobile data related will not work if you turn that off unless your network support sending them through wifi but that's a different topic.

0 Likes
user9hyl10Eyjl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My galaxy s10 will not connect to sprint's LTE network. It will connect to 3g which is super slow. Does anyone have a fix for this? I reached out to sprint tech support but they didnt have a solution.

0 Likes
userCZ2N7siENJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mines doing the same thing.  Super slow and texts wont thru

0 Likes
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much for providing that information, we can understand your frustration. However; Sprint is your mobile data provider, and we would recommend taking your device to your carrier for assistance with accessing their network.

Be sure to click " βœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usergdWROhFUTq
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There is a large number of people seeing this issue. What I find ironic is that Samsung points the finger at sprint and Sprint tells us Samsung is working on a fix. Question is are you both lying or are you guys actually doing something about this ?

Please read this thread

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/Galaxy-s10-plus-wont-stay-connected-to-LTE/td-p/1035678/page...

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Give this thread a  try: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Random-Disconnect-from-Sprint-LTE/m-p/477932#M3607

Be sure to click " βœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userPDjhvz57eV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine is also doing the same thing. IllI have LTE, 3G, and roaming all in a minutes time. Just spent over an hour at my Sprint store (for the second time since my phone was activated) changed my SIM card, updated thetprofile and  still have the problem. They say it's a Samsung issue..... I don't care if it's Sprint or Samsung, it's affecting customers and it needs to be fixed! 

userKgUBszwdoQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can't activate at all on to Sprint. Called Sprint and they said to go to the store. Store said they don't have a sim card for S10.  Maybe in a week or so

0 Likes