JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created: 03-23-2019 08:43 AM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

903 Replies
Samsung_g0Z5Ki7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

All Sprint S10+ phones are having issues with the service and no fix in the near future. Took my phone back to best buy then switched to Verizon. Phone works great and excellent service.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm on Sprint and no issues yet.  From what I am reading though some people had good service for a week or so and then just lost connection. So I won't say I won't have an issue, just that it's been great so far.

0 Likes
Samsung_g0Z5Ki7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

All Sprint S10 phones are having issues with no resolution from them. Took my phone back to best buy and switched to Verizon. No more problems and excellent service. 20 year Sprint customer is now a Berizon customer.

0 Likes
userOwkFvMDo9T
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same issue the first time I got my phone I updated it because a software update came up and then the problems began a week later I took the phone back got a new one and did not do the software update and the phone works flawlessly and  I just keep blocking the update from going through. But clean my phone with just a brick is what I told the people at Best buy but they were happy to swap my phone out and boy was I glad I did. 

Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I keep hearing sprint is acknowledged the issues with the s10 and will roll out an update. The real question is to when. I personally believe some of this may pertain to android 9, I also believe it a sprint problem. Does Samsung write the sprint software on to the phone or does sprint have their own people? 

WiFi issues, wifi calling issue, mobile data issues, lte band issues, location timeout messages. Hopefully can be rectified with software. 

0 Likes
luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes... @userOwkFvMDo9T  after that March 8 update ... that's when mine started acting up.   Worked great when it was activated at store ..2 days before. 

Take the update off,  if it is possible,  probably solve the issue!!

Thank you for sharing!

0 Likes
Skizmoe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is anyone having issues with dropped calls and no signal on there new S10+?

0 Likes
Arielt0289
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not me. Check your carrier

0 Likes
BenLV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was having the same issue earlier. I dont think it was the carrier as my wife was next to me on her S9 without issue. I rebooted and it seems to fix the problem.

0 Likes
luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sprint called me today after 4 hours on phone and 3 technical tickets for all the problems connected  to my

s10+ 1TB / Pre Order ...

I was told the following:

Samsung releasing an update / patch on March 27, 2019 that will supposedly fix s10 / s10+ / s10e.  Issues

Hope this helps everyone!  

4 MORE DAYS!