JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created: 03-23-2019 03:38 PM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

903 Replies
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userJ1UQxAjpIW sprint is still updating their network for VoLTE that replaces the calling plus so there might be some issues by updating those features.

0 Likes
user0ckgAVuuFJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok the LTE/CDMA seems to be working great right now. What should my APN be on? its on APN2 LTE right now

0 Likes
userWbrvN6lHBt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's on default

0 Likes
luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Update/ Patch being released March 27, 2019 per Sprint  ... maybe wait a couple, 3 days more!  😉

0 Likes
luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Update will be sent on March 27, 2019 according to Sprint. 🙂

0 Likes
userJ1UQxAjpIW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've been having the same issue . I'm so fing angry .this is my fifth day ..   did everything change sim .. ##78726# shiiieet .  Update pro , profile,  factory reset , . Sprint did their part ..  sprint cannot replace my phone for another one due to preordering from Samsung website.. I will never preorder a phone through a website. Better be doing it in a local store near you . That way if you have issues you can replace there. And not go through what I'm going..   sending my phone to TX .for a stupd technician check it . And not having a phone for 2 weeks ..  . 

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userJ1UQxAjpIW  for sprint try to set network mode to LTE/CDMA and if you are having issue with drop calls try to switch VoLTE off. Sprint VoLTE aren't stable yet and test the call after changing the settings.

0 Likes
luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I feel your pain :/.... been dealing with mine since March 9... update coming March 27. 2019 according to Sprint.  Hang in there  ... this board had been great in helping ... I have so many tickets open between Sprint and Samsung.  Sprint finally called today to inform me of this update/ patch coming from Qualcomm.  🙂

0 Likes
user5KrRUOtd3S
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have the same issue. Seems like the last update might have caused an issue. Waiting for Samsung to roll out a fix.......hopefully

0 Likes
Samsung_8ZOjKrO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Having the same issue the last few days. I have noticed a flashing screen glitch when call someone right above the percent sign of my battery. Can't hold a connection with any calls. I'm 100% positive it's the phone and not service. I have switched to my Galaxy S7 Edge and it works fine with the same numbers.

0 Likes