JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created: 03-23-2019 10:12 PM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

903 Replies
usersZqrPNhAAV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My data's been horribly spotty since I got my S10+ and it's extremely irritating. I'm about to return it and go back to my 9+. Ridiculous that these companies can't properly test these things before release. Especially at the prices we are paying nowadays.

Redneckscot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That's Sprint for ya.

userdx0uHiiAzV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I agree. My data is just awful since switching to the S10+. I'm getting very tired of this nonsense. Shouldn't happen with a phone of this price. Not sure if I'm more upset with Samsung for putting out a product that doesn't work on Sprint or with Sprint for not making sure the phone works right on their network.

This is ridiculous!

WarpedTrekker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Having same problem. Phone will pop up message it lost LTE connection randomly, even though I have FULL BARS. Some people say the workaround is to disable some bands, but I dont want to do that. Shouldn't have to disable bands on the phone. They need to fix this, or replace the phones for good working ones.

userorxqcVTv0j
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I got the software patch update today.. hoping it will fix all issues. Looks like nothing changed with respect to LTE band switching issues.. next option is to replace the SIM and retry...

0 Likes
Durnyank
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Nope.  Got the update.  Didn't work.  Took the phone up to Sprint, they changed the SIM, cleared all Network settings, rebooted.  Still no LTE.  Word on the street is that there are NO issues on the Verizon branded S10+.  This is a Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile issue that they all need to resolve!  It is not a Verizon or a Samsung issue.

0 Likes
userZ7kc6gnRIG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

FYI: I have the same issue on T-Mobile.

Samsung is the one to blame here, though the companies should be making sure as well.

0 Likes
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Update released today

userlSOrjcTqkD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The update didn't fix anything for me either.

0 Likes
01EXPERT
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Official. I spoke to soon. It is still intermittent on LTE and roaming. Says 4 and 5 bars. But no connection to internet what so ever at times..  Works great very little.  I was working all day so didnt get to fully test. Still wont send my texts either. So no sprint this update did not fix my issue. This is my 3rd s10+ since preorder. I will be returning after all my time and money I've lost. So people know all s10 phones are the same until your carriers adds their bloatware and ties it to their towers so problem lies with sprint. Livid bc of false hope. And for waiting thinking this Mainteneance Release Update would fix it. 

-01 SAMSUNG CERTIFIED EXPERT REP-
0 Likes