JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created: 03-25-2019 04:36 PM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

903 Replies
userkgc2ck9BUN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks. I would think this would have been Sprint's first go-to had it been the APN; however, to rule that issue out, I will check my APN settings against my wives phone on Sprint that works great to see if maybe it is an APN issue.

My battery dies so quick because it is just constantly searching for a network. Sigh. 

There has to be SOMEONE working on this issue that has an ETA for an update push.

0 Likes
Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

OTA is definitely coming. The S10 skipped the March security patch, so Samsung must have something planned. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
0 Likes
userkgc2ck9BUN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I sure hope you are right!! I just wish someone from samsung or sprint would chime in to ease all their upset customers because I'm on the verge of switching completely from samsung AND sprint. 

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just to double check, have you attempted a soft reset?

0 Likes
userkgc2ck9BUN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, more times than I can count 🙂 

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding this.

0 Likes
userkgc2ck9BUN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

LOL, as I already said, I have reached out to them many times and they blame it on Samsung. Clearly, the S10+ is not worth the hassle for anyone to acknowledge and fix. Pretty said neither company seems to care enough to update its customers. Sigh. Stuck with a $1,000 brick.

Jana2beach
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem

luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I know your pain 

.. with this phone.  

I wad told on Friday that there would be an update/ patch on March 27.  Message came from Sprint  Update will come from Samsung.  Neither wants to take responsibility but it sounds like a software AND connection issue so I would say both have a play in this.  

Hopefully couple more days ... mine has been like this since 8th of March.  And you do have rights as a Consumer.   Samsung cannot hold you responsible for a defect of their causing.   Hope this helps.   Hang in there  😉

userjclmnQSG1x
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having the exact same problem this is by far the worst phone I have ever owned, can not get an answer from my carrier or Samsung about the connectivity issues.

0 Likes