JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created: 03-25-2019 11:21 PM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

903 Replies
Shorti24
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I keep getting this too. After talking with Sprint they said it was a bad SD card. I went to Sprint and switched it out. After 10 minutes the issues keep happening. I keep losing data connection even when my bars show LTE with full bars. It's very frustrating. I have noticed this since about Thursday off last week 3/21/19. With all these complaints someone should admit fault and fix it!

luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have done all the "fixits" others have posted.    Been to the sprint store 4 times,  one brand new SIM CARD,  same issues.   Had 3 tech calls with Sprint ... finally next day they called back to say the update would be released on March 27, 2019.  In the meantime,  I have initiated a return with Samsung to replace this phone if the update does not resolve these problems!  Samsung E Commerce department did offer a $25 "inconvenience" voucher... not to mention  I traded my old s8+ in perfect condition in,  supposed to receive pair of free earbuds ... No part of this transaction has been pleasant!!  Wish I had kept my old phone until the kinks were resolved ... learned a valuable lesson in this.... however  I will be patient ... fingers and toes crossed 🤞🙏

0 Likes
m35ius10
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Having signal problems with my S10+ T-Mobile.

SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Dial #*0011# and take a screenshot (while connected to mobile network not wifi)

Please follow all community guidelines before posting

Blooper_doop
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That is just T-mobile. It's not a very reliable network

0 Likes
m35ius10
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes
m35ius10
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No problems with T-Mobile. Tried different SIM cards, same results.

0 Likes
SamsungS10User
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am on T mobile, haven't seen any issues

I moved from Sprint to Tmobile and its definitely working better on my S10 + where I live

0 Likes
m35ius10
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just got my signal an hour ago then lost it again.

0 Likes
userDocysx931t
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm in Des Moines and for some reason band 41 gives me absolutely no data connection even though I have almost full bars of LTE. I shut off band 41 and now use 25 and 26 exclusively. This also happened with my HTC10. I mention this because I've seen similar issues with other carriers, especially T-Mobile. Check which band you're on and if your data cuts out on just specific bands then shut them off completely. My S10e went from barely usable to rock solid. You may have a different issue but I would suggest researching this type of solution first.

0 Likes