JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created: 03-26-2019 03:04 PM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

903 Replies
userpglVll3Pk1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I managed to get my Phone swapped. no issues since with Sprint.  I even installed their updates.

0 Likes
luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Maybe an updated phone since the realized issues?  Thanks for sharing!

0 Likes
userOkIafz5OK2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Were you outside of the 14 day guarantee? I'm having the same problems everyone else is stating ever since 3/8, the day I activated the phone.  I'm worried about trying the software update since I've read poor experiences. I've been using a Galaxy device since 2012 (even had to return my Note 7 back then with the battery issue). And now it feels like Samsung isn't really taking much action to help their loyal customers. 

0 Likes
userUzQSzvXavo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm on tmobile and I just had my s10+ replaced. My s10+ would drop signal and I couldn't receive or make calls. My data was affected to where I can't access internet nor send and receive text messages. The odd thing is that it just started happening over the weekend (3/22-3/26).  And I had the phone for about only 20 days. 

0 Likes
jfcooley
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

New Sprint update. I believe it to be new since I checked just a day or so ago.

G975USQU1ASC8 

Just an FYI, apologize if already known.

0 Likes
user0ckgAVuuFJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yea it doesnt work

user3PHscnxDFI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Update did absolutely nothing to resolve the issue for me either - unbelievable 

0 Likes
userrkVoU2fDJp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Update did not work for me either. Back to disabling Band 25 and 41.

0 Likes
user9b8xMnXRhk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Tried the update this morning and it's still the same.  Full bars and no data.  Meanwhile, my work-provided iPhone 6s on AT&T is at half bars and zipping along just fine.

0 Likes
user3PHscnxDFI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey Samsung, feel like chiming in anytime soon? 

0 Likes