JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created: 03-28-2019 09:37 AM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

903 Replies
Vido
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine started yesterday. My wifi of 866mbps that I usually use to game started giving me an error message that I'm not connected to a wifi when I'm trying to open the game. I thought It was my wifi so I reseted it multiple times and factory reseted it. Still the error message of I'm not connected to a wifi network poped up when I'm opening the game. I then went to school and connected on the fast school wifi and the error message still happened. Now I'm convinced that it's the phone and not the wifi network.

0 Likes
usertzz6vC7ecG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue here - S10+ on Sprint.

Kept alternating between No Service, Roaming and LTE with no reliable connection. Started on Mar 22 for me. 

Best Buy ended up swapping it as they couldn't fix the problem..

@samsung978531 What is going on?? OTA update didn't solve the issue, we would like to use our phones!

SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding this.

0 Likes
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

See here's the thing with that, every other phone on their network is working appropriately, except for the s10s. They keep pointing at you, and you keep pointing at them. 

When are the customers going to hear some information about what the problem is? 

Where is the collaboration? 

luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@SamsungLarryK 

Which time are you referring to?  I've been in contact with my carrier, Sprint,  everyday since March  8th ... they have responded ....

On the flip side,  SAMSUNG HASN'T DONE ANYTHING except point fingers.   They want me to return phone,  pay ANOTHER $1500 to replace this one,  will refund,  AFTER they get this back and triage it!  <edit>   AND in the interim, I an am without phone .... I traded in my perfectly EXCELLENT s8+ ... so now I have NO BACKUP phone!!!

Let's start over,  got anymore advice??   😕

userSK3u17Vmi0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've ran my s10+ since launch on at&t, not had any mobile or wifi issues at all. Everything is working as expected.

0 Likes
Vido
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine started yesterday. My wifi of 866mbps that I usually use to game started giving me an error message that I`m not connected to a wifi when I`m trying to open the game. I thought It was my wifi so I reseted it multiple times and factory reseted it. Still the error message of I`m not connected to a wifi network poped up when I`m opening the game. I then went to school and connected on the fast school wifi and the error message still happened. Now I`m convinced that it`s the phone and not the wifi network.

0 Likes
Vido
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

And It's not a wifi issue because my brother used his iPhone to log into the same Game with the same wifi also I used my tablet to login to the game with the same wifi and it worked. And it's not a game issue because my mobile data opens the game without getting the errors.

0 Likes
Rooster13
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem.  I've researched and tried every fix without any luck.  I just got off the phone with a samsung tech rep who provided me with a solution that I haven't read anywhere yet.  He told me to take my phone to a UBreakIFix to diagnose (FREE).  He believes it is a SIM reader issue (hardware).     Since switching SIM cards hasn't worked, software update hasn't worked, disabling bands hasn't worked,  I'm going to try it.  The only other solution that has worked for some is to get new device, which may not have a faulty SIM reader?  Anyone else heard of a SIM reader causing this problem??

userTjQ3lwBXQ2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have done everything in my power to fix the fact that I am only getting 7mbps of data since I got my s10+. I have even received a new phone. Sprint says it is an incompatibility with the new phones and they dont know why yet. (At least that is what my local sprint store says). I am getting upset and about ready to just switch to an Iphone!