JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created: 04-04-2019 08:27 AM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

903 Replies
Samsung_KNP4rrD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Having the same issue exactly and called Samsung they give me a ticket number and they said new update should fix this problem.

So I'm still waiting for the new update and it's been 2 days since I talked to them.

0 Likes
userHfzG7aqZfT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the similar issue with my s10 plus; lost data, drop phone calls, and failure to send texts. I'm currently with spirit and to my recent visit, they told me that the device is a total defect, simple as that...If I were you, I would return your phone as soon as you can if you still have your warranty. Samsung doesn't want to face it but THE GALAXY S10 SERIES SHOULD BE ON RECALL!!! And as of this moment, I still have a defect phone. I believed in Samsung a few years ago and now I'm starting to doubt that. 

userFD1IJSthBD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unfortunately it happened after 15 days of replacement period. So it can be only repaired under warranty. 

0 Likes
Dave503
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung fixe.jpg

userFD1IJSthBD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This code doesn't work. Can it be done by *#2263# lte band preference? 

0 Likes
Dave503
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That code and information I believe is only for people that are using Sprint. It's been a week since I disabled those bands and my phone has worked with no issues.  

Sprint and Samsung was blaming each other and just told me to walt for an update that still hasn't happened.  Luckily I found what I posted on another website.  Otherwise I still be having the same problem. 

0 Likes
JustAnotherJenn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

For Sprint users... Going to ##3282# > Edit > MSL 000000 > OK > LTE > Disabling Band 25, Band 41, Band 41 PCII  and then rebooting seems to have helped my S10+ (at least for a few hours today)

0 Likes
Alist
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I heard about this issue from a YouTube video thats is happening with different carriers. I'm with Sprint and I never had any network issues since having the phone

0 Likes
userFYyDCpw3DY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have my phone from March 6 and only two days ago I started having the same issue. Samsung customer service sent me to uBreakiFix, but from replies here I understand they will not be able to help either.

Any new ideas on resolving the issue?

0 Likes
Rooster13
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Upon instruction from Sammy, I took my unlocked S10+ with sprint to UBreakIFix. All they did was put it in developer mode and reflash the current build ASBA. It didn't help anything. I called tech back and let them know. Also told them I couldn't go without a phone for a week. They approved an exchange and promised me it would be new, no refurb. I have a call with Case Management today to confirm. After I receive the new phone, I'll return this one. I'll be shocked if I don't have the same problems! How they have not fixed this problem, whatever the source and/or issued a recall is amazing!!!
0 Likes