JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created: 04-05-2019 07:36 AM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

903 Replies
luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My sprint store swapped mine out ... new one works fine!!  Try that ... they don't want bad press... good luck!  Once you have a phone that... works... it's awemazing!!😉

Ittybittyfda
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

For all whovare having signal problems.... Here is what worked for me... Turn off wifi, From your dial pad press ##72786# your phone will reboot and re activate with sprint towers.... If it doesn't re_activate try again... Once mine re-activated the phone works again..

0 Likes
user4OUXegMqpr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue on Sprint. Asurion is sending me a new S10+, but I will be quite surprised if it solves the problem. 

I tried PRL updates, Profile Updates (both in settings and ##UPDATE#) as well as ##72786# to reactivate on the network. 

I think it's interesting that I see multiple people reporting that the issue began around March 24th. The same was true for me. 

This also seems to be causing a significant reduction in my battery life. 

Really unfortunate. A lovely phone...except for the phone part. 

userMIpixjgE3U
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I was told it was a told I have to wait it out for Samsung to come out with an update.  Which seems like that'll be never since, they can't take ownership of this issue to begin with.  Was totally looking forward to owning this phone.  So far it's been a nightmare.

0 Likes
userMIpixjgE3U
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userMIpixjgE3U wrote:

So I was told it was a told I have to wait it out for Samsung to come out with an update.  Which seems like that'll be never since, they can't take ownership of this issue to begin with.  Was totally looking forward to owning this phone.  So far it's been a nightmare.

Was just told the problem was fixed and that'll I'll need to exchange my phone at the corporate location.  

0 Likes
userUEj5BgD4mG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If the problem was fixed why would you have to replace at a corporation location? 

0 Likes
Show496
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userMIpixjgE3U wrote:

@userMIpixjgE3U wrote:

Was just told the problem was fixed and that'll I'll need to exchange my phone at the corporate location.  

I was told the same thing, that I should go to a corporate store, they are replacing the affected devices which are from the “first batch or preorders”. I get to the corporate store & the “repair team” keeps my phone in the back for an hour, then says it’s fixed. I try to make a call which fails & they say there’s nothing they can do since I bought it at Best Buy. I go to Best Buy and they say “you’re past the return window, after that it’s up to Samsung. Contact them.” I contact Samsung and they say, contact your service provider (sprint). I go to sprint, they send me back to Best Buy, back to sprint.....repeat cycle for a week

LANcort
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What do you mean by corporate store?

My phone was a pre-order phone, and they are trying to force me to ship mine to Texas and wait for 2 weeks.

0 Likes
luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That's where i went ... call your local sprint  store ... they,  I'm sure, are aware of the situation... explain and ask them to swap out.   Shouldn't be a problem.   I bought mine pre order as well, i had to pay when he reordered,  he got it next day from Samsung,  he credited the $$ back when we did exchange.   I have 1TB  which most stores don't stock.. So it took 3 days total.  .... main thing, I have a perfect working phone and i am NOT downloading any updates.  Hope this helps ... any sprint store should be able to do ... funny thing,  he said his Samsung rep., who comes in every week, he hasn't seen in 3 weeks, since this whole debacle with these s10's!! hmmmm interesting!

0 Likes
userMIpixjgE3U
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@LANcort wrote:

What do you mean by corporate store?

My phone was a pre-order phone, and they are trying to force me to ship mine to Texas and wait for 2 weeks.

They are sprint corporate stores
have the ability to not only sell phones but also do repairs, just call and ask for the nearest one.  Make sure to open a ticket once you get there.

0 Likes