JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created: 04-21-2019 05:25 AM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

903 Replies
user3PHscnxDFI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userZ08m5eOdn6 wrote:

thanks, still didn't for me unfortunately!  Still no LTE!!

Go back in and disable band 25 and BOTH bands 41 - running on band 26 only worked for me 

0 Likes
userksWNXWuadq
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Was worth a try

0 Likes
userYljnkuYlEB
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Sprint just roll out 12 hrs ago, they are replacing s10 with issue, it is hardware part of the Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee (SSG). Post 14-day – Asurion technicians will provide replacements. If no refurbs\recons are available, then the selection will default to new. Customers with Sprint Complete (SC) will not be charged a FEE for this exchange as long as there is no evidence of liquid or physical damage to the handset. Customers without SC will be assessed a $75 fee or can work with Samsung for a manufacture warranty solution
0 Likes
userSqR18tnsGG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have sprint complete,  multiple assurio  reps have told me they charge $275 to swap my brand new phone with a refurbished.  Not acceptable.  The upside is I finally got sprint to just accept it as a return and let me swap without any fees.  The downside is they are shipping out so much old tech since the s10 came out that there is pretty much nothing in  stock to swap it with.  Some I'm stuck holding a return label and a thousand dollar brick waiting for something to become available.

userZ08m5eOdn6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Absolutely!  Thank you!

0 Likes
userOiAlK0Hhok
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

S10 upate rev. 3 rolls out at midnight 4/19/2019

0 Likes
userYljnkuYlEB
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Good luck, I extremely doubt its going to fix it, but I doubt it. Do urself a favor, go replace ur phone, i went thru asurion finally and they mail me a new phone, did all the update before I txt or call anyone now knock on wood it working, first time I see those phone reach 110mb down, but I notice it start off 12mb then slowly climb and climb, 

It is not sprint 

It is ur hardware on ur Samsung phone 

It is dmg or brick due to the first update

No patch so far have fix it.

Sprint now determined is hardware and willing to help. Go get it done, u thank urself later from this insanity 

userdGauPm9HBU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have received 2 patches in 4 days span and none of them is helping the isseu to be fixed. Pathetic network and wifi signal. Very embarrassing when the person on the other side is not able to hear from you. Not a good experience Samsung

0 Likes
user3PHscnxDFI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userOiAlK0Hhok wrote:

S10 upate rev. 3 rolls out at midnight 4/19/2019

No update yet - 12:49 am 4/19

Did you get it? 

I was told the next update is scheduled for Tuesday 4/30 by a tech at a Sprint corporate store 

0 Likes
userYljnkuYlEB
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i wouldnt looking forward to the update, sprint came out and said that they are replacing s10 phone, go talk to them, i believe the motherboard is damaged, i dont think any update will fix the issue, i was dealing with same issue, got the latest update still didnt fix anything, got my replacement from asurion 2days ago, and now its working great!

0 Likes