JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created: 05-06-2019 11:42 AM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

903 Replies
OBA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This solution works for me:

1. Locate Bixby Routines

2. Click and hold to go to App Info

3. Click on Storage

4. Clear Cache and Data

5. Click Permission open

6. Clear all permission

7. Clear app setting to prevent app from making system changes.

Once done, you should be good. I did it SB's it worked like magic.

0 Likes
Samsung_p91C59U
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I know what your saying, feel the same way. Good luck !

0 Likes
user5XQJKtv0ge
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

UPDATE: I have been dealing with these issues since i got my gs10+ on 3/8 like many of you. After hours and hours of dealing with incompetent companies customer service (samsung and sprint) they have finally replaced my phone with a new gs10+. I am happy to report that my new phone is NOT having the same issues. I have updated it to the most recent software. Now i am getting top speeds rivaling my home internet connection. I am getting 120mbps in certain locations but average around 30-40mbps in my normally frequented areas. On my broken gs10+, i wouldn't get above an average of 2mbps. Most of the time having no connection at all. 

The bottom line is there is hope. Do not let these corporations take advantage of you. Hold them to account. 

PS: Not only did i get the replacement phone (free of charge) but i also got $275 off my account from sprint. All because i filled a detailed complaint on BBB.org. They HAVE to respond to you if you file that complaint. 

LennyPratt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user5XQJKtv0ge wrote:

UPDATE: I have been dealing with these issues since i got my gs10+ on 3/8 like many of you. After hours and hours of dealing with incompetent companies customer service (samsung and sprint) they have finally replaced my phone with a new gs10+. I am happy to report that my new phone is NOT having the same issues. I have updated it to the most recent software. Now i am getting top speeds rivaling my home internet connection. I am getting 120mbps in certain locations but average around 30-40mbps in my normally frequented areas. On my broken gs10+, i wouldn't get above an average of 2mbps. Most of the time having no connection at all. 

The bottom line is there is hope. Do not let these corporations take advantage of you. Hold them to account. 

PS: Not only did i get the replacement phone (free of charge) but i also got $275 off my account from sprint. All because i filled a detailed complaint on BBB.org. They HAVE to respond to you if you file that complaint. 

What is the detailed process for the BB complaints, I tried the one listed in the sprint thread but it did not work.

0 Likes
userjudhy8TrBg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Having the same issue with a s-10e from Verizon

wifi calling does not work

0 Likes
Rose4uKY
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is it mostly Sprint though? My husband's phone was worse than mine but mine was worse than my s9 plus. We got unlocked phones was on Sprint. His came from Samsung and mine Best  Buy. We switched to Verizon and he put in a test Sim in both of our phones and we thought we were good. Husband's phone still bad and mine is better in some places but we both lose connection too much. Was going to switch before the s10 problem anyway but my husband's Note 8 was even better.

Samsung days they are aware and also will have an update soon. My husband wanted a new phone and they said take it to this place first and have them re-flash the software. U Break It We Fix It store. I called there today and was told our phone still had Sprint update on it and that re-flashing should help is that true? Since we took phone to Verizon and we did already have the Sprint April 16th update so would re-flashing software help? He said to do a backup cause we'll lose our stuff but it's worth a try. Today I had no signal sitting outside at this restaurant by my house.

Samung did say they are aware and their technical support was working on an update. I know it's mostly Sprint now I'm reading a few others including Verizon. I guess I'll just let this store re-flash my software and if it doesn't work go back to best buy but I'm over my time to return just like my husband is through Samsung. It's horrible! One place I never had signal inside on any one did have great signal yesterday though I love Verizon. Was wondering if resetting network settings would do anything and is so would I lose my saved passwords?

0 Likes
L3wishh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not sure if re-flashing the software would work.

I flashed an unlocked firmware, TMobile  and Verizon into my Sprint and they all had the same issue. So definitely not a software issue. 

0 Likes
user3PHscnxDFI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I think since the update that was widely reported to be released on 4/30 was actually never pushed it's definitely a hardware issue and no one wants to admit to it
0 Likes
userIQuPQQd9xe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I buy all samsung products. First my high end Samsung TV just stopped working out if no where. Looked online and tons of people had the same issue with the same model and Samsung did nothing for anyone. I had to just throw the TV out because it was $800 to fix. Now I have the S10 sprint and im having this same connection issue as everyone else and yet again Samsung or sprint is not doing anything about it. I will not be buying anything Samsung ever again unless they make this right!
0 Likes
userSqR18tnsGG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Its not a sprint issue,  it's a Samsung issue.   And Samsung will wear you out before they warranty it.   I gave up a and got both s10s sent back and 'upgraded' to old phones.   It's sad that a3 year old phone runs circles around their flagship.   Between the 10 and the fold Samsung is having a heck of a year. 

0 Likes