JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created on: 3/14/19 7:15 PM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
903 Replies
Vong
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Can I please have your full model number and baseband version? Have you tried resetting the network settings on your device? Just as a heads up this will delete any Bluetooth pairing and any wi-fi networks you currently have saved to your device.

Model SM-G975U

Baseband G975USQU1ASBA

userbR0CZgO3s5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Me and my daughter both have been having the same issues. It's constant and bothersome. Although she complains more then I, since she's on Instagram all the time and it has not been loading, even some games and internet browser has been doing the same. 

0 Likes
Dave503
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having the same problems. I have sprint but any other phone at the same location using sprint works fine.  So it's not Sprint, but Samsung doesn't want to admit there's a problem.  I wish they would at least admit they are looking for a solution.  Resetting network,  reset factory settings,  or anything else doesn't work.  Hopefully it's a simple update but might be the internal antenna 

0 Likes
user5sCvGKFnPI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I told them I wanted me s7 edge and they said it was past 14 days and I could not change anything on my lease. 

0 Likes
user3llD85e2k0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem.  Sprint kept leading me on with different troubleshooting options until my 14 day limit had passed.  Now I am stuck with a $1,100 phone that has the worst mobile connection I have ever heard of.  Sprint is so terrible.  To anyone who is reading this post;  avoid becoming a Sprint customer unless your life depends on it.  They are more terrible in reality than the horrible reputation they already have in the tech industry.  They are a complete garbage carrier outside of metropolitan areas with populations over 1 million people.

userTvRCFErym8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Vong wrote:

I preordered a S10 plus through Sprint and received it on March 6th. The first week of it was fantastic. The last 2 days have been horrible. I started experiencing mobile data connection issues. Basically as if I was in a bad spot with no reception. I would get this notification, "Unable to establish a wireless data connection" all day, throughout various times of the day and pretty frequent at that. I would drop down to 3G or no service at all. That made daily use a pain not having apps load properly or fully.

Today, March 17th, I chatted with Sprint online chat support and have done everything from updating PRL, profile, and making sure all the current updates were done. Sprint tech support even did some stuff on their end to try and help my situation, but I was told everything checked out on their end and no outages in my area that should affect my mobile data connections/service. Then at the end of the chat, I was told that it's a common issue at the moment with the S10's and that Samsung is aware and an update should be rolling out, so I just have to deal with it for the time being.

Is anyone else who has a S10 having mobile data connection issues? 

userNWxnldr7jY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I pre-ordered min S10+ from Sprint and recieved it on the 6th. I did not notice that I was not connected to the internet until the 15th. I've only been able to run my phone while connected to Wifi. Sprint customer service told me it was a SIM card issue, so I went and got a replacement SIM card from Sprint yesterday, but I'm still having issues. 

I just now did the Disable Band 41 and 25 and it seems to be working so far. Previously I could only get half of the posts on Instagram to load and none of the avatars would even show up, and now it is loading pages fine (without WiFi). 

Thank you!!

0 Likes
userWbrvN6lHBt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yeah, I have the same problems ...the only hope I have seen, and I have talked to everyone is a Band41 and Band 25 problem...you must diable them in Programing mode.. I forget how you get there...use to know..Help

0 Likes
Lerotz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you so much for coming through with a temporary fix! I was worried that I was the only one.
userZ7kc6gnRIG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can you very specifically describe how to get into Programming Mode? Thank you!

0 Likes