JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created on: 3/14/19 7:15 PM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
903 Replies
usercpTHB1mBky
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've had nothing but problems with my service since getting the 10+ and it doesn't seem like anyone knows what to do to help.  Phones say that we have LTE but I get a notice saying we're maxed out on roaming data.  I'm paying almost $300 a month for junk

Mathew
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yeah I have seen this issue to Mobile data isnt needed anyway use voice over LTE its gave me less dropped calls

0 Likes
Mathew
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Refine what I said below Wifi calling isn't needed nor does it work with Samsung phones if you use voice over LTE you should see an improvement if VOLTE is eligible in your area

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Savededa @luvlyt  Sprint  WiFi-Calling is expected to be unstable since their VoLTE is only active on select market. Was your VoLTE active on sprint on the location you are having issue with? WiFi-Calling will drop calls if the router or internet you are connected to  deprioritized VoIP and wifi calling will drop if there is no VoLTE to transfer call to when wifi signal is weak. 

for MMS over wifi. Do you mind downloading Android "Messages" app and try to use that one for the mean time and see if the issue still exist? Android messages is a stock android messages that works on sprint 100% i believe. After that go to advance settings and see if "chat" feature is present and active.

0 Likes
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Recently I've fixed the mms issue via prl and profile update. Obviously cannot send mms over wifi to an iPhone.

VoLTE is switched on but not active in my house because the wifi calling is active. I have switch to mobile data off. Router signal has no weak spots throughout my home. I just get that location message constantly when cellular signal gets low. I never ever had this issue with any other galaxy device I've owned. 

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Savededa you need to switch that mobile data on.

0 Likes
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mobile data is on. I can send mms over wifi to other Android users with Rich chat on... But I cannot send mms to iPhone users while on wifi. 

0 Likes
luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for sharing @RedDragon ... I'll try that... turned on VOLTE ... see how it goes today.  My other big issue is this LOCATION TIMEOUT ... happens after every text message and some apps.   I have LOCATION ... turned on... not dur what more to do.   I've reset Network couple times, restarted phone several times.  Never had these issues with s8+.  A little frustrating to say the least, but I'm sure we'll get there  .... again thank you!

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@luvlyt i never heard of location timeout but you can try to go to location settings, scroll down and tap google location accuracy and turn that on now that mode will drain your battery you need to turn that off if it works solve the location timeout.

0 Likes
luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you @RedDragon ..... the Google location is on ... I still receive it.  Im about ready to trade in for another phone.   My phone is Sprint, no updates,  no patches ...... Verizon has an update out for fixes.  Just truly frustrating!! Thank you for your help.   Can't send MMS messages either ... just a lot of issues for a VERY expensive phone.

0 Likes