JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created: 03-14-2019 07:15 PM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
903 Replies
userDsJPJn6Vy6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@SamsungZell wrote:

If you are experiencing unexpected roaming, data loss, or voice issues on a Galaxy S10, S10+, or S10e, We recommend upgrading to latest software versions, When they become available.

Carriers released their update but those of us who are unlocked and boufht from Samsung are still waiting. How does it make sense unlocked are the last to receive this? 

Sprint said there was a hardware issue with the pre-order batxh but Samsung won't clarify that. 

user3PHscnxDFI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userDsJPJn6Vy6 wrote:

@SamsungZell wrote:

If you are experiencing unexpected roaming, data loss, or voice issues on a Galaxy S10, S10+, or S10e, We recommend upgrading to latest software versions, When they become available.

Carriers released their update but those of us who are unlocked and boufht from Samsung are still waiting. How does it make sense unlocked are the last to receive this? 

Sprint said there was a hardware issue with the pre-order batxh but Samsung won't clarify that. 

Carrier or unlocked doesn't matter - both are not working 

userYljnkuYlEB
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

geek squad work on my phone today they claim theres a firmware update, they did it and it didnt work and now call its even worst, dropping call, and loosing signal. 

i bought the phone thru best buy, and been gettin run around thru 3 of them sprint not touching the phone cuz its bought from best buy wont give me any support other then tell me best buy need to replace, best buy wont replace cuz is over 14days period, want me to use insurance to pay 200 deductable to get a refurbish phone, or get hold samsung to do the warranty. they are rude from phone and store, give no help. other then take my money and tell me they cant do anything. even sprint is telling corp store to replace the phone even outside 14 days period. talk to samsung they want me mail the phone in, so that i can be without my phone, cant take my business calls, and not giving me a date when it be back. they act like everyone have multiple phones. 

the updates release whatever while back doesnt work, and today whatever firmware doesnt work. 

userYljnkuYlEB
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

and also everyone is having issue, but theres no fix nothing for it, so at this point, samsung need to come out and tell ppl whats going on with the phone and what they are doing, when they going to creat a sometime fix or recall the phones, 

0 Likes
usera9eJ56r3w1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm sending my phone in to Samsung next week I'm not settling for half-assed phone for a 1000 bucks. 

userUFd2W8msYt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi I literally went through the samething you're going through.  Sprint was blaming Samsung , Samsung blaming Sprint. To many run arounds. Phone is an S10 unlocked.  I finally got to the root of the problem,  it was SPRINT ALL ALONG. I switched to another provider . Have not dropped any calls or LTE issues whatsoever.  Ran diagnostic test at a local cell phone store it was sprint that couldnt  handle the phone .. I'm not saying this is the fix for you but that helped me big time.

userbV6YkxtkyX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userUFd2W8msYt i hope you have better luck with the new carrier but this isn't just sprint, I just believe it is more prevalent on sprint phones/service. My service is through Verizon, but I am having the same problems as everyone else on here.

Samsung_hSQjb59
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Please some1 tell me i can buy this phone out from sprint and take it to verizon and ise their SIM and it will work just fine?!?!

0 Likes
Samsungnote10plus
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same

0 Likes
jon819
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was told the same thing by sprint about it being a Samsung issue.  I can't believe I am going to have to pay the ransome of 75 dollars that sprint wants.  Going to wait it out one more week and hope Samsung is correct with software issues not hardware

0 Likes