JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created: 03-14-2019 07:15 PM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
903 Replies
userYljnkuYlEB
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

so is it the update cuz the issue???

0 Likes
userRX3TataRWc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have no idea if it is a hardware issue. My issues didnt start on my preorder device until the security patch/ Software update. I didnt get anywhere with Samsung or Sprint. Neither one appearently has a resolution yet. But I was told by Sprint and an Asurion Tech in store that they believe it was the early manufactured devices that are primarily being affected by this device. I called the phone insurance company, Asurion, and they replaced my device after I spent several hours with their technicians inside the sprint store. The new replacement S10+ worked well for a few days until an over the air update that was supposed to resolve the LTE stability issues was installed on my phone over night. The next day all of the connectivity issues of my original device began again. I called Asuion last week after spending several more hours in the Sprint Store with their techs trying to reflash the device software with no resolution and was told that they were aware that their initial shipment of replacement devices they received from Samsung was also affected by the issue and they are awaiting a new shipment of devices from Samsung and I have been placed on a waiting list for a replacement device hopfully in the comming weeks.

0 Likes
Samsung_JpH7YeF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can someone explain what is going on with the S10+ network problems. Phone is constantly unable to connect to its appropriate network for several days now.

Was told initially via T-Mobile, issue was due to cell tower maintenance in an area. Then I travel halfway across the country and issue becomes worse. I go into a T-Mobile store where they change my SIM card but to no avail. Upon my second visit to the store, a representative informs me, this is an issue with all S10+ across all networks. That it's a Samsung problem.

Essentially have a brand new, preordered phone that cannot place phone calls, send texts nor hold any data connections. Occasionally and intermittently, I'll have 4G-LTE connection and things work, however extremely slow. Only with a wifi connection do I have a seemingly working phone.

Anyone else having this issue? And how can this be resolved? Under the circumstances, this phone is useless without wifi which is totally unacceptable.

TimmA64
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm not sure this will work on T-Mobile but it's worth a try. I found a workaround online for Sprint issue with band 41 sticking. You're always an image of the work around. Try it out I went from two bars to LTE all the way up.

LANcort
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same identical issue I am in Chicagoland area. I just yesterday got a Verizon SIM card so now I have 2 accounts one T-Mobile and one Verizon with identical issues. Funny part is that when i am moving such as driving on the highway internet connection is perfect but as soon as I'm stationary I lose it all. For my phone March 6th, issue didnt start till March 24th. T-Mobile blaming Samsung, Samsung blaming T-Mobile and now Verizon blaming unlocked phone.

Any fixes suggested to network issues about Sprint issues did not help on T-Mobile and Verizon, including bands. I have attempted all troubleshooting steps including Factory Reset.

This is Samsung's issue that should be solved with software not refurbished phones with the warranty especially considering people have replaced their phones and have same issue.

I have called UBREAKIFIX and they told me that in past 48 hours they had 6 people come in with same issues. 2 were using unlocked version and 4 were using T-Mobile version, and that they can't do anything and recommend replacing the phone but that doesn't appear to resolve the issue. It is just an extra step to waste our time since no one wants to address this issue.

0 Likes
user5sCvGKFnPI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

YESS! I ordered online from Sprint and phone was delivered. Problems started 3/24 and first phone call initiated same day. Sprint saying past 14 day return period call Samsung. Samsung says it will only repair. BRAND NEW PHONE. Back and FORTH!! At my wits end, In my town Danville, VA IT DOES NOT WORK at all without WIFI., May as well have a cord attached. If I go 1 hour SOUTH to Greensboro, NC it is perfect! No tower issues here they say. Just a weird and frustrating issue for a BRAND NEW $1100 phone 

0 Likes
Jax2foe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having the exact issue everyone is talking about. I'm with sprint. This is a phone issue. I started having the ever since they pushed their last update. Mine was installed on March 28 2019. The issue started right after that. I called Samsung and they were no help. I have been a huge Samsung supporter. All my home appliances are Samsung. If this is how they going to address this issue on a $1000.00 phone. But I want my phone fixed NOW.

I have to walk with my Verizon hotspot in my pocket all the time now. I wish I had kept my S9 phone. 

@LANcort wrote:

Same identical issue I am in Chicagoland area. I just yesterday got a Verizon SIM card so now I have 2 accounts one T-Mobile and one Verizon with identical issues. Funny part is that when i am moving such as driving on the highway internet connection is perfect but as soon as I'm stationary I lose it all. For my phone March 6th, issue didnt start till March 24th. T-Mobile blaming Samsung, Samsung blaming T-Mobile and now Verizon blaming unlocked phone.

Any fixes suggested to network issues about Sprint issues did not help on T-Mobile and Verizon, including bands. I have attempted all troubleshooting steps including Factory Reset.

This is Samsung's issue that should be solved with software not refurbished phones with the warranty especially considering people have replaced their phones and have same issue.

I have called UBREAKIFIX and they told me that in past 48 hours they had 6 people come in with same issues. 2 were using unlocked version and 4 were using T-Mobile version, and that they can't do anything and recommend replacing the phone but that doesn't appear to resolve the issue. It is just an extra step to waste our time since no one wants to address this issue.

LANcort
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

THIS IS REPOST, THEY MARKED MY ORIGINAL REPLY AS S P A M

usera9eJ56r3w1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same issue I called customer support twice the first time they directed me to UBREAKIFIX and the second time they told me to send it to the service team at samsung... I really dont want to waste all the time to send my phone in just for them to replace it with a phone with exactly the same issue  Samsung should just recall the retarded handsets and fix the issue

userFD1IJSthBD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue since last Wednesday.  Sometimes I can get stable connection for a few hours and sometimes no signal at all. Spent whole week calling Samsung and Tmobile and still no results. Tmobile says that they don't have any tickets open with similar issue but they will check my problem with connection. Samsung offered to send it for repair but not sure if it's worth sending. Phone was working fine for 3 weeks and suddenly it happened.  Sometimes it cannot even register on network and shows error message. Sometimes it shows 4g but no calls, no text, no internet is available.