JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created on: 3/14/19 7:15 PM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
902 Replies
crippsy99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Step 2 didn't do anything for me at all..the numbers just stayed on screen. Even pressed dial to see if that would work and had a message invalid MMI or something.

Step 3 worked though, and updated the firmware, but not sure how a touch screen firmware would work to help data and wifi issues?

Im on O2 in the UK. I get 1-2mbps download speeds on mobile data, and 0.5-1mbps upload speeds. And wifi tends to be half what my pc and s5e tablet get.

0 Likes
user4JB1RWS2Vn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've had the same issues with my S10. Along with other issues such as calls not even ringing nor showing up in my call log and the only way I know I've gotten a call is if the person leaves a voicemail then I get a notification I have a voicemail and who it is from. That's only 1 of several other weird things the s10 has done / does do.  I have had my phone since Dec 2019 and have had to contact tech support at least 3 or 4 times and it still hasn't fixed the problems. I am almost tempted to go back to my S7 I never had issues with it like I do this new S10.  II know a lot has to do with my carrier(Sprint) and my location, however  I've had sprint for over 10 years and lived in the same place 10 years and have had several of the Samsung galaxy phones and none of them were ever an issue like this S10. I can't take it into the local sprint store because they are temporarily closed due to the virus but I'm going to request they exchange my phone for a new one and hope something works out better because it is really aggrivating paying for a service and phone upgrade that is pretty much useless to me

userKnSQT1uP6v
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Does the edge lightning have a gltich? it will not work half the time.
0 Likes