Original topic:

Read receipts on Messages

(Topic created: 11-10-2021 11:15 PM)
jujubee1223
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Why cant I see when someone had read the message or is replying? It worked when I got the phone and stopped randomly 

6 Replies
DENVERSKIER
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You might have accidentally reset the options I know it's available on Google messenger maybe not on Samsung Messenger
0 Likes
Beauty788687
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Youtube It
0 Likes
Mrs-Cay
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Read Receipts is a feature of RCS/Chat ... both ends of the conversation have to have it enabled and they must be compatible for it to work.
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

those features are carrier dependent, so if you are certain that the settings are setup properly then you may want to contact your carrier and get some help with the issue

Cvickers419
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Getting someone from my carrier who would actually fix the problem on the phone would probably cause an apocalypse. I called them when I had an issue with transferring my number to my new Sim card and it said my hold time was 400 some minutes....
0 Likes
Cvickers419
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That happened to me too! I'm so annoyed because it's a feature I really like. I use Samsung messages and when I first got my phone my carrier didn't let me use the rtc chat feature but I could see it in my settings I just couldn't activate or turn it on. Then a year or less later. I noticed it was working for some of my contacts. Then my carrier tells us they are sending everyone new 5g Sim cards and after I got it all set up and working, that feature disappeared again. Not only did it stop working, I can't even see it in my messages settings anymore. When I click on text messages it shows Sim card and the rtc chat settings are completely gone. WHY! I wanted to try switching back to the other Sim card but they are a ridiculous company that makes everything a pain to do and im afraid I'll mess up transferring my number or something. I don't want to use Google messages because it won't implement the theme I have on my phone. I don't understand why it's completely gone and why all carriers are not using it. I also don't understand how they removed it from my phone when I bought it without a carrier unlocked first.
0 Likes