JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Receiving a notice that pictures and videos will be deleted from Gallery, which cloud option is free

(Topic created: 07-26-2021 06:53 PM)
userHUyrgbpm5B
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What is the deal with me getting notices about Samsung deleting all of my pictures and videos off my phone's gallery?? Gallery was standard on my phone it's not something extra so how can they delete my pictures if I don't move them by the end of September??

Also, if there is no way around this and it's actually going to happen, which cloud option has the most storage for free and is easy to use??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userHUyrgbpm5B 

Gallery will continue to function just as it does now. What is changing is that the backup of photos and videos to Samsung Cloud is ending. 

Samsung has worked with Microsoft to integrate a solution to backup to OneDrive. Google Photos is another solution for backing up your photos to the cloud. There are other services that will back up to the cloud or you could do the backup manually to your PC, etc. 

View solution in context

10 Replies
linda1962
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have never heard of that and I have not as of yet experience that. Maybe you should call Samsung on that
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
They're talking about Samsung cloud services. They're moving to something else, I think Microsoft. I'm not sure. The only cloud service I use is my own. Hopefully someone who knows more about it will chime in.
0 Likes
Brittsy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I need to know too. I just want to keep my pictures on my phone, dont want to pay for Microsoft One Storage. How do I do that? I'm a little confused. I don't remember ever syncing with Samsung Cloud. Could use some technical support!
0 Likes
Je655
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I use google one (15 GB free) but Samsung is recommending onedrive
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userHUyrgbpm5B 

Gallery will continue to function just as it does now. What is changing is that the backup of photos and videos to Samsung Cloud is ending. 

Samsung has worked with Microsoft to integrate a solution to backup to OneDrive. Google Photos is another solution for backing up your photos to the cloud. There are other services that will back up to the cloud or you could do the backup manually to your PC, etc. 

View solution in context

userHUyrgbpm5B
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you for the response.
0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

do you have the screenshot of this notice? where did you see that the photos will be deleted from the gallery app? 

0 Likes
SugarLove
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Why is this app not compatible with my Note 10+ Now? what do I download now?Screenshot_20210727-214259_Google Play Store.jpg
0 Likes
henfredemars
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You can download something like Google Photos. There are many options for replacement photo viewing apps.
0 Likes