Original topic:

Receiving messages from Samsung that my phone is going to be locked unless I buy an antivirus

(Topic created: 09-24-2021 10:09 PM)
boogersnookpup
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Help,  my phone a galaxy20fe  updated and i am now getting messages from samson that my phone is going to be locked unless i buy a antivirus program. And i am  getting diry test messages from both samson and facebook. How do i stop this? Please help me thank you.

0 Likes
4 Replies
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm sorry, did you mistype? "getting diry test messages"? Huh?

Off the cuff, backup your photos and contacts and perform a factory reset on the phone.
0 Likes
boogersnookpup
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Text messages sorry new key board. I think got the ones from fb stoped.. But still getting messages from some from samson, internet that are dirty, nasty worried my daughter might see them my and that my phone is infected my antivirus and fb scan say my phone is clean. How do i make the text messages stop.
0 Likes
boogersnookpup
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I dont even know how anyone got my phone # i have set to private on i can see it.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@boogersnookpup 

"...i am now getting messages from samson that my phone is going to be locked unless i buy a antivirus program."

This is a scam. Samsung would not send messages like that. It could be a malicious pop up from your browser pretending to be a warning but in fact it is just trying to get you to sign up for a service you don't need and that may compromise your device. 

You have either visited sites or downloaded apps which are creating these pop-ups. 

"And i am  getting diry test messages from both samson and facebook."

Again, these are not from Samsung. They may appear to be, but they are not. 

I suggest you download and run one (or more) of the following:

These should help you identify and remove the offending items from your phone.

If that doesn't work, you need to do a factory reset. 

0 Likes