JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Receiving videos through text

(Topic created on: 5/9/21 9:48 PM)
waltfra
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm using the Google messages app and when I receive a video from an iPhone it's super blurry 144p quality, is this a problem from my end or the app. Is there a better app for messages?

I tried using the default messaging app didn't really like it and I still have the same problem 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Good evening Waltfra, the reason you're receiving pixilated blurry videos is because iMessage uses a different messaging Standard than other first party messenger apps such as Google Messenger in this case. IMessage is more friendly towards other iPhone users using iMessage by design. You can save photos and videos in Google docs and share the links that way to he viewed in high resolutions however.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Good evening Waltfra, the reason you're receiving pixilated blurry videos is because iMessage uses a different messaging Standard than other first party messenger apps such as Google Messenger in this case. IMessage is more friendly towards other iPhone users using iMessage by design. You can save photos and videos in Google docs and share the links that way to he viewed in high resolutions however.

View solution in context

waltfra
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks is good to know is just apple being app I guess I will just keep asking people to send me videos through a 3rd party app like WhatsApp or signal
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You're welcome, of course you have the option of third party messaging apps as well which I always prefer for viewing Multimedia in higher resolutions.
0 Likes