Ever since this last update, I no longer receive notifications when I get emails, my emails don't sync into my account until I actually open the app, and every single email is automatically marked as read instead of remaining bold until I open it. HELP!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Have you attempted to wipe the system cache partition on the device? Doing this step is always good to do after an update.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them, and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Are you just experiencing this with the Gmail app on the device?
The previous steps I first provided were steps to wipe the system cache partition from the entire device. The app cache does the same job but it clears the app's cache itself. No worries, keep me posted on the outcome.