Original topic:

Recently having terrible battery performance on the S9

(Topic created: 06-11-2021 01:32 PM)
useru4hK8UgpVM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Its been a few months and my S9 has been struggling with battery issues. For instance today, the phone has been off the charger for ~6 hours and I am already at 38% which is just unacceptable. Chrome seems to be a big offender with 20% of the battery drain at only 30m active time. Has anyone else been experiencing this recently? Was it a recent update? Really looking to fix this ASAP. The s9 reddit thread seems to point to a recent update as the cause. Has Samsung acknowledged the issue?

Screenshot_20210611-110512_Device care.jpg

5 Replies
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i'd submit an error report via samsung members app (members app > + button > error report) for the Chrome draining lots of battery 

0 Likes
useru4hK8UgpVM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for the suggestions. Just did that now

0 Likes
useru4hK8UgpVM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Here is the next day performance. I was draining battery so fast that I had to put the phone in power saving mode around 10 am...

Chrome drains about 10% battery every  hour or soChrome drains about 10% battery every hour or soHaving the phone charging (non fast) even struggles to keep up with power drainHaving the phone charging (non fast) even struggles to keep up with power drain

0 Likes
useru4hK8UgpVM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Anyone?? Samsung???

0 Likes
useru4hK8UgpVM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is this the best way to reach Samsung, because if so, their customer support is trash.

0 Likes