JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Red light notification light blinking

(Topic created: 01-07-2020 06:57 AM)
user1Yv78Rw7U2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Over the weekend, my phone started blinking a red notification light. If I recall that usually indicates a charging issue or low battery. It is charging fine and blinks even when completely charged. 

5 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Do you have the "Notification Reminder" app installed ? See the thread https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S8/Red-Led-Notification-Light/td-p/103523

If that isn't it, does the light continue to blink while your S8 is booted in safe mode? 

0 Likes
user1Yv78Rw7U2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How do I find the notification reminder app? I haven't installed anything new recently except for a third party app that I have since removed. 

The red light does not blink in safe mode as far as I have seen.

0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user1Yv78Rw7U2 wrote:

How do I find the notification reminder app? I haven't installed anything new recently except for a third party app that I have since removed. 

The red light does not blink in safe mode as far as I have seen.

The "Notification Reminder" app is a 3rd party app that you would have had to install.

If it doesn't blink in safe mode, then a 3rd party app is causing the light to blink. 

user1Yv78Rw7U2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How do I find third party apps on my phone?

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The applications that did not originally come installed on your device, are third party downloaded applications. If it doesn't blink in safe mode as @LongHiker mentioned, then you would need to remove downloaded applications until you find the culprit!

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes