cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userLYnyOm7x8m
Cosmic Ray

Remove Giraffe From Device Settings

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After installing Samsung Experience 9.0, I saw that my profile picture was reset to a giraffe. I managed to reset all the affected apps back to my desired pic, but the only one I cannot change is the new profile pic in Device Settings. On my S7E, how do I either remove it or change it to my desired pic?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Remove Giraffe From Device Settings

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While we cannot guarantee it will work for you, you may want to try this tip as provided by @userrgoNo4hq7g

"To get rid of it, open a text message, tap on the fluffy bunny to go to my profile. Tap on Edit in top right of screen. There should be a red dash in a white circle in the top right-hand corner of whatever profile pic it gave you. Tap on that to delete. Click Save (the phone will be giving you an option of taking a selfie), and it should be gone."

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This should help with editing profile settings.

userLYnyOm7x8m
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung Account shows the correct profile picture, already. The only thing on my device that shows the giraffe is the Device Settings. The instructions provided do not correspond to the steps or actions required to change the account information on my S7E.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you referring to a Google account by chance?

userLYnyOm7x8m
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No.  Device Settings is Samsung, not Google.  All other accounts, including Google, show the correct profile pic.

If I tap on the giraffe in the Device Settings, it opens the Samsung Account profile panel, which contains the correct profile pic.  Nowhere in the account settings at https://www.samsung.com/us/support/account/ is there a place to edit your profile pic, either.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While we cannot guarantee it will work for you, you may want to try this tip as provided by @userrgoNo4hq7g

"To get rid of it, open a text message, tap on the fluffy bunny to go to my profile. Tap on Edit in top right of screen. There should be a red dash in a white circle in the top right-hand corner of whatever profile pic it gave you. Tap on that to delete. Click Save (the phone will be giving you an option of taking a selfie), and it should be gone."

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

userLYnyOm7x8m
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I never found the fluffy bunny, but deleting my history in Samsung Messages under my profile and then adding my pic back in seems to work. I don't use Samsung Messages, do after I selected my messages app as default again, Device Manager shoes the correct pic still. Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome!